Hi,

I'm a Baby sign Instructor, I'm also a speech therapist and teacher. I'm not american, I'm catalan but we use ASL in baby sing. I work in a plurilingual and rural school. 

I hope I could learn a lot with you and solve some doubts that I could have.

Nice to meet you :) 

Sonia

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Hey all! I took ASL for four years in high school. I got to be good friends with my teacher, who is deaf, and that gave me lots more opportunity to use ASL. Since I've gone off to college a couple years ago, we chat less and less as we get busier and I feel some frustration at having lost/forgotten some signs. I want to keep up my skills. I started an ASL club at my college with a peer who has Usher's syndrome and is part of the Deaf/blind community, but as we are teaching beginners, I'm still looking for people to sign with. I would really love to video chat. I miss this language a ton. Nice to meet you all! 
    • If you want to practice or learn ASL visit https://www.languagesunlimited.com/sign-language-interpretation/
    • Good evening my name is Alisha Daniels and live in the Spring Hill, Florida area. I’m a flight attendant and recently have been getting more and more hearing impaired passengers. The reason why I wanted to learn was because I felt it was so disrespectful to keep asking if they could read lips! I decided to start teaching myself then stumbled upon a class in my area. 
      I can honestly say it’s one of the best decisions I had to get my feet wet and learn! I’m nowhere near perfect, but I can at least hold a conversation AND “sign” to passengers. Whether if it’s something to eat or drink, or “signing” the safety demonstration. 
      I’m a firm believer of “if you don’t use it, you lose it” I’m hoping to find someone to practice with along this journey of mine!