I took ASL classes two years ago and would like to brush up on my skills.

Hey, my name is Kayla.  I'm from the Rochester, NY where there is a high Deaf/HoH populations thanks to the presence of NTID at RIT.  I recently got a job there and would like to improve upon the skills that I learned a couple of years back.  I made it through three classes, but it has been a while since I've had anybody to practice with. Let me know if you'd like to practice conversational skills!

Kayla, I would be interested in practicing. I am from LaVista Nebraska so our times are a little off, but we can send correspondense back and forth.  let me know if your interested or if you have already found someone. I am not sure if there is a way to message one another, but I am sure we can figure something out. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/23/2021 at 12:04 PM, beautyoutofashes54 said:

Kayla, I would be interested in practicing. I am from LaVista Nebraska so our times are a little off, but we can send correspondense back and forth.  let me know if your interested or if you have already found someone. I am not sure if there is a way to message one another, but I am sure we can figure something out. 

Sure, what is the time difference for us? I am available at multiple points during the day, so I feel we could work it out. I'm not sure about guidelines for this site but if it allows you, you can email me at [email protected] Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

I am sorry I have not gotten back to you. We had three surgeries this month and all of them were bunched together. I sent a small video hoping you can understand it. My time here in Nebraska is Central Standard time. I can facetime through messagner or we can send messages back and forth. 

If we do it this way, I think it might be best to write out what the other person signed. Send it back with the decoded message and put in a new message. Does that make sense?

Let me know I'll watch my email for you 

• 2 weeks later...

So sorry for the delayed response. I am acting as the maid of honor in my best friend's wedding this summer and it has taken over my life! 

Ok, here's what i got from your post.

"Hi, my name is Linda. I am married. I work and live in West Grand Rapids? Goodbye!"

Let me know if I missed anything...I am rusty.