Looking for Practice Partners and Possible Friends

Kleen

Hello, my name is Kleen, I am 23. I have two semesters left of my community college to receive my French Associate of Arts undergraduate degree in 2022. I study many languages including French (obviously), ASL, Japanese, Korean and am starting Mandarin this coming fall 2021. Languages are something I enjoy, including their cultures and would like to incorporate them into my life by finding friendships and partnerships with people alike.

I am, in a way, desperate for a person near my age or a group who are open to helping each other with improving our signing since I am unable to find local gigs to meet people with the same interest. My ASL is still very basic and I have the most issue with forming sentences (verb, subject, adjective...what goes where) As friends, your job isn't to teach me, but to aid our development while enjoying the company of another. As learning partners, we may make mistakes as we improve our skills, but at least we can learn from it and move forward.

I have Telegram amd Skype which works wonderfully with ASL chats.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All!!! My name is Kim, and I am just starting out on my ASL learning journey. I have always been pulled to learn ASL. I am not hearing impaired and do not know anyone personally who is, however I desire to connect with all and ASL I feel is my calling. I desire to learn, advocate and fully immerse my self in the culture in hopes of building true friendships and alliances. 

Be inspired and inspire!

xoxo KIM 💜