Hello, Merry Meet! Let me introduce myself

Andria.Vinson93

My name is Andria, and I am very new to ASL. I have been teaching myself slowly and know some words and phrases but never have anyone to sign with or practice with that is learning as well.

I want to learn ASL not only because it's a language barrier I truly believe everyone should learn to do just like learning another language and my step mother spoke and signed due to being an interpreter, but because when i was seventeen there an encounter I had while working at McDonalds that has made me fall more in love with this language and want to learn it more. I was taking orders just like any other normal day and this elderly man whom was deaf wrote down his order and handed it to me ; exact change and all. I always run into him time to time and FINALLY one day i was able to sign to him "I'm teaching myself to sign, it's nice to finally meet you." His face lit up and want to learn even more now. I wish I would have paid attention to my step mother when i was a child and she was signing to me. 
  let me tell you a little more about myself:

I am 24 and live in Tallahassee, Fl. I am a newly wed that was married on April 20th, 2017 to an amazing man that is helping me pursue  my dreams of being a botanist while supporting my beliefs as a young pagan as well. I am very active not only in the pagan community, but the Tallahassee/ Crawfordville community as well. I am a foster fur-mom and help with the Farrell cat colonies around the areas, and help raise money with our pagan festivals and fun that goes to Charites and animal shelters. I read tarot cards, pendulum dowse, and work with animals on a daily basis and have since i was a child. I am a very caring person and very gentle by nature. once i start to open up and trust you, i can be an open book about so much to you! I love to make friends! But thanks to social anxiety it's really hard to me to in fear of rejection, so I am spreading my social butterfly wings and forcing myself to find others to sign with, speak to, text, whatever, about anything and everything!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi! Im also in florida. Port st lucie. Im learning asl and working hard at it. My 2 year old son is tounge tied and severely delayed in speech, but he and I are making great strides in learning ASL and communicating with one another. I am here to practice practice practice and learn all I can and continue to grow in ASL. I also have a 5 month old who will be signing. Im here if you need a practice buddy!

merry meet, merry part, and merry meet again!