Angelo

I'm ready to practice.

Hi all, 

I'm 58 and just started learning ASL this year.  I hoping to prove that you can teach an old guy new tricks.  

I would love someone to practice signing with one or more people who also would like to practice.  Please let me know if you are interested.

Hello Ronald,

This is a beginners attempt to say:

I''m learning ASL because my  daughter is learning ASL and will be teaching my grand daughter ASL in 2 months.  I'm excited.  

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Here's one of my favorite stories to tell. Notice the role shifts and how aware I keep things at. Very important! Story: "I'm going to tell you a story. So a wood cutter goes to the forest looking for wood, well, trees to cut wood for winter. So he/she goes walking, stops, and sees a nice tree. So he/she gets the ax and starts swinging, hitting it, and says 'TIMBERRR' the tree falls. He/she watches/examines it and says 'nice', and he/she goes on and continues walking, and stops and sees a big tree! He needs this tree  So he gets his ax and starts cutting away. He/she says 'TIMBERRR' but nothing, the tree still stood. 'Hmm weird' thought the wood cutter. Again, 'TIMBERRR'. The tree wouldn't budge, nothing. So he/she searches online locates a tree expert and gives the expert a call. The tree expert answers 'Hi, need help?' Wood cutter replies 'Yes, I have a problem. There's this tree that wont fall.' Expert then says 'Oh really? Well that's weird. Let me go take a look.' 'Okay, see you later". Here comes the tree expert. He comes and sees the tree. 'Hmm, yes I see. I know. That tree is deaf", the wood cutter confused 'What??? The tree is deaf?' 'Yes, you need to finger-spell' 'Oh, okay..." so the wood cutter starts to sign at the tree 'T-I-M-B-E-R' and it falls!!!  Finished (The end)".
    • Hi Derrian, I also tried sending you a message but I couldn't. Sorry for my delay in the reply, I didn't recieved a notification that you commented.  I would love to chat with you sometime, hope we can fix this message thing somehow.   Irving.
    • I will give it a try. "Hi, I have three dogs and two cats. My three dogs names are. the first one is Edi, second one is Molly and the third one is Osita. My cats are. The first one is Mittens and the second one is Shredder."