pointer finger to middle of chin - what is this sign?

I am hearing.  I am learning sign language.  I sit in the ASL section at church and watch the interpreter.  Today the band performed King of My Heart by Kutless.    When they got to the part, "you're never gonna let me down" the interpreter ended (the word "down") by pointing with his index finger, to the middle of his chin, under his bottom lip.  Certainly that is not the sign for "down".  I looked up the sign for 'fail' but that's not it either.

So, what is this sign?    Thanks in advance. 

Hi Rolando,  I'm real new at ASL and slow at finger spelling. 

• In the first video, It looked like you were finger spelling the word "lisapoint".   Did I misread?  If not, what does that mean?
  • Would you please interpret the 2nd video.  I really could not understand it at all.

Thank you.

Hey there, Angelo! It's great to meet you. I thought this was an interesting thread, so I'm happy to help translate Rolando's videos. In his first video, he finger-spelled "disappoint." In his second video, he says that when you interpret to (American) sign language, "I will not let you down" changes to "ME NOT DISSAPOINT YOU." Similarly, the second portion of the video says "you not will let me down" changes to "YOU NOT DISAPPOINT ME" and he concludes by asking if you understand. 

For PCGREER, adding more information... When interpreting, you should convey the overall meaning, and not sign it word-for-word in English. In this case, "letting someone down" is an English idiom, meaning to disappoint. It's also important to note that signs with the same handshape/location can have different meanings depending on context. Pointer finger to chin may also mean "miss," as in "I miss you," in other contexts. 

Thanks!

• Thanks 1

Hi Rolando,  I'm real new at ASL and slow at finger spelling. 

• In the first video, It looked like you were finger spelling the word "lisapoint".   Did I misread?  If not, what does that mean?
  • Would you please interpret the 2nd video.  I really could not understand it at all.

Thank you

Thanx - I misread "D" as an "L".  They don't call me newbie for nothing.  The 2nd video is over my head - but I'm still learning.  I appreciate the help!

• Like 1

Translation: I'm going to show you some signs using both the chin and index finger. Ready? The first word you and I already know is "disappoint". "I'm disappointed". Next, "tell". "I told him/her blah blah blah", or "He/she told me blah blah blah". This can also mean "say" by tapping the chin. "What did he/she say?" "Ah he/she said blah blah blah". Next, "Serious". "He/she is serious". "I'm serious". Next, "true". "Wow, is that true??" It can also mean "Really?". "Wow, really?". So ya that's about all. Are there more words using both the chin and index finger? I don't know. You tell me :)