Angelo

Does FORGET sign mean anything other than FORGET.

I was looking for a sign the other day and the result was the exact same sign as the sign for FORGET.  I can't remember what sign I was looking up.  Any ideas?

As I am getting ready to go to work - it occurred to me.   The word was BECAUSE. 

According to HANDSPEAK.com, FORGET and BECAUSE have the same sign.   I have noticed that there are a few other signs on HANDSPEAK.com that are different than I learned on www.signlanguage101.com   I wonder if this is a mistake, or a dialect difference or something else.

Any thoughts?    

Thanx!

Angelo

You da man!  Thanx for pointing out the four choices for BECAUSE.  You've definitely demonstrated the difference between the 4th because and forget.  

I do appreciate.

Thanx!

• Like 1

As a side note, I've been told multiple times by different Deaf people to not use BECAUSE.  They've told me it's too English.  They prefer that you use a rhetorical question because it's more ASL.  For example, instead of signing, "I GO STORE BECAUSE I NEED EGGS", they would prefer you sign, GO STORE WHY, NEED EGGS.  That fits better to ASL grammar.