Hello my name is Helen

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• hi! My name is stella. i would be happy to chat with you as i am fluent in asl becasue of deaf family/friends. We could set up a time and i will gladly chat with you in the mixed asl chat room.  
    • Hi, Jason! My name is Joy and I would love a pal to practice with!  I live in the great city of Austin, Texas and work as a teacher. I need to seriously improve my signing for my work. Although ideally, we would also have someone from the Deaf community with us, I am certain that there would be great value in the 2 of us signing together, novices we may be. Now I am going to attempt to record something like this in a video for you. Hope to hear from you soon... Joy Ok, guess who! So i went to record this (and I recorded a video the other day on this computer, so I know it works), and it told me that my camera and microphone were blocked and that I need to unblock them. But i cannot figure out how! Can you help?
    • Back in the 1990s I was a slam poet, and I've been told that my signing is particularly theatrical as a result. I know that the sign for THEATER is backwards pinwheeling of thumbs-up "A" hands in front of your chest; but is there a separate sign for THEATRICAL, or do I simply sign THEATER in an exaggerated way?
    • I just learned about Switched at Birth, and began watching it on Netflix this week. Have you seen that video of Sean Berdy signing the entire alphabet in four seconds? Pretty amazing.