Happy to meet you!

wolfwoman

I'm Becky, and I'm 63 years old.  I have always wanted to learn ASL, even though I've never known any Deaf people.  I am just finishing up a Conversational ASL class at a community college and I love it even more than I expected to!  I'm going on through Level 2 and Level 3, even though I'm not looking for a second career or anything  ;)  I just love the language!  So expressive and yet simple.  My one trouble is that so far, I haven't found anyone local to sign with, so all of my practice is solo except on class nights.  I hope to be able to make some online friends to practice and share signing with, on this excellent website!

Hi Becky,  I'm Angelo - 58 years old.  Just getting started with ASL.  I'm on lesson 5 of LifePrint and did a little other reading before LifePrint.  I'd love to practice, but I would be at a much lower/slower level than you.  If you are fine with that - let me know.  Thanx!  Angelo

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• I've realised I've made it difficult to access the video from my previous post via WeTransfer.  Below is a Google drive link which should hopefully work better and hopefully save people from having to download the file! https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ued0nYGJdbIYuUZTEmRqO7IMlUSk3n3o/view?usp=drive_link Thanks  
    • I hope the video link I've attached below isn't seen as me trying to demonstrate any degree of skill or me assuming that my signing is anywhere near correct. I hope that is serves more as a means of presenting to this community the drive I have to learn with you all. I've found that I haven't met anyone after my previous post, which I suppose is no surprise... The best way to practice ASL or any other sign online is generally going to be face to face. The necessity to communicate in this
    • Hey everyone, I've developed "SignTranslate", a completely free AI app dedicated to learning sign language. My goal was to create a space where everyone could learn and practice at their own pace, with a variety of resources suitable for all levels. The app is still in its development phase, and I'd love to get your feedback to make it even better. If you have a moment, could you test it out and let me know your thoughts? I'm particularly interested in your opinions on the current feat
    • Hello everybody!  My name is Amour.  I'm an educational interpreter and I wanted to use this site for my 4th graders to  play a fingerspelling game as they learn ASL!