Hello ASL Beginners!

Juuyaak

Hello Everyone,

My name is Crystal (Juuyaak is my Native name).  I am in the beginning of my first ASL class and loving it.  I live in Alaska with my husband, 5 young children and another on the way.  I would love to have people to practice ASL with!  We have a small Deaf community here in Alaska very spread out, so meeting with people here is very difficult.

Thanks,

Crystal

Hey' ~ I'm an absolute beginner. I have profound hearing loss and chronic intractable tinnitus. I've tried some Apps on the iPhone that cover the basics, but for some reason when I practice with someone in real time, I remember it better. I'm just discovering this sing language forum(s) but I'm open to practicing with anyone.

Hello Robert,

I am also an absolute beginner! I am hearing but have been interested in learning ASL for years. I am currently in a club that meets once a week, but believe I need more practice than that. 

I also remember better when I actually sign with someone. 

I would love to practice with you if you’re still looking.

thank you,

Nya

Yes, I'm interested Kira.

It's good that you can hear because I can hear with headphones also and we could share what we do know.

Probably could start making a checklist while learning about lessons in first interactions in ASL learning for beginners.

What hours are best for you? I'm on Easter Standard Time in Michigan. After 7pm is usually great for me.

Hello there! I am so happy to find this site and I am very grateful for the add! Currently, I am in ASL 1 after many years attending school. I want to immerse myself and hoping this is the spot to do it. One on one conversations is best for me. 

When I see "ASL 1" and "ASL 2" I've had no idea what these mean, except Level-1 and Level-2 of American Sign Language.

I see a wide variety of learning of "ASL 1" on YouTube and other sites.

What materials are most people on this Forum using to learn "ASL 1" ?

How many people are going to a local school or instructor and learning ASL 1 ?