Hello I'm Danielle!

DreamboatDani

Hi everyone. I am currently in ASL 101.  I am 24 years old.  My non sign language classes have been keeping me so busy that my signing is being neglected, but that is what I want to put the most importance on. Right now I am not very confident in my signing or receptive ability and that is what I would like to work on. I really need work with my fingerspelling receptive skills and I need to get better at converting English sentences to ASL grammar structure. I am in the Eastern standard time zone and work at nights so I am often available during the day to chat or practice with anyone who might be interested. I can sign small, fragmented sentences that are not exactly proper ASL grammar so if anybody is interested in practicing together, that is my current skill level. I hope to meet some of you and practice sometime!

Hi Danielle,  I'd love to help.  It's good that you're on the East coast, because the "Gallaudet" standard has been compromised by "Mexican/Spanish" on the West coast.  I'm hearing, but translate for deaf patients at my local hospitals, quite regularly, and tutor PPCC (local Jr. College) students who are struggling.  You can contact me @ [email protected], or call me @ (757) 375-3923 and leave a message.  I also have several ads on Craigslist.org.    Let's talk.  Nana Dee.

IMG_1508006550155.jpg

Hi Danielle, I don't tutor AT PPCC, but tutor lots of students From PPCC that are having problems.   The rest of my time I spend at Penrose Hosp. helping Dr.'s and nurses communicate with the deaf.  I'm available Mon - Thur, but we need to coordinate our times and meeting place.  I charge $40/hour.  Some of that time can be via Skype or other, but the most effective learning is done in person.  If that's acceptable to you, or if you have more questions, you can contact me at [email protected], or [email protected], or via the Sign Language Forum.

Nana Dee