Sign in to follow this  
Jillian

Hi, I'm Jill.

Like the title says, I'm Jill. I'm 17 years old and have been learning American Sign Language on and off since I was 12. I never really got to learn in a class because in my hometown there were no Sign Language classes outside of the community college. Now I'm taking an online class, but I don't get to practice my signs or conversations at much because it's online and I don't have any classmates. If anyone wants to video chat and practice with me, that'd be fun. I especially need help with the grammar part of ASL. Also, I'm on East Coast time and usually am free around 5:00 pm if that's important.

Edited by Jillian
Spelling error

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Hi Everyone,    I'm a teacher dealing with changing times, so I figured I would take ASL (something I always wanted to do). I took Sign 101 in college and it was horrible. Terrible teacher. I'm pretty much teaching myself. It's hard being the student and not the teacher. 😔
    • Hi, I'm a novelist, and in one of my series, I have a deaf character. Here are a few sentences from my latest book. Could someone confirm that I am describing this ASL correctly?     Carly’s eyes also filled with tears, something that rarely happens. One spilled down her cheek. “I’m okay with those photos, but what about you, bro?”     I pointed to my chest and slid my hand down, then put the four fingers of my right hand against my chin and pulled them away into the palm of
    • Hi, everyone! If any of you are available on the weekends, I could chat with you on Zoom.  I'm still finding out if my workplace will re-open next week so if they don't, I could do weekdays too.