Hi!

Edward

No idea how this works ... I'm Edward, I'm hearing, and I've been learning ASL since childhood. I'm British and live in the UK, so my times are a little different, but I've been obsessed for as long as I can remember. I know the BSL alphabet but only know ASL for conversing. An 'ASL bud' would be rather helpful I think so that's why I'm here cx

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Hello! I'm sorry if this is not the right forum for this question. I wasn't sure where it would go best! I am an artist currently working on a comic. One of the characters is not deaf but rather is unable to speak, and he communicates via sign language. Because a comic is a visual but non-moving medium, I'm trying to figure out the best way to show this. My thoughts right now is to do a couple of panels of him signing main ideas and providing a text translation, since I know it would be imp
    • Hi All! I sell pre-made and custom ASL stickers on Etsy and Fiver! These stickers are great for gifts or personal use! They work for water bottles, laptops, journals, or wherever you like to stick your stickers! Below are the links to both platforms and I have attached a few samples!   Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/shop/aestheticartwithlove?coupon=FORUM5 Fiver: https://www.fiverr.com/share/ERGDoK   Use the code FORUM5 for $5 off for coming from the forum!!
    • There are a few youtube channels that are more obscure that can help, especially "Read with ASL" google it with the word youtube appended.  Others are at a more intermediate level, like "IntermediateASL", "ASLInteractive", and of course Bill Vicars.  Talk to Deaf people in your city for both advice and connections.  Go to your community college and ask to talk to an ASL teacher, and tell them about everything.  Find a Deaf club/group in your city, but in-person is much better, especially if they
    • Hi there, my son is in 2nd grade and is nonverbal. He uses ASL to communicate yet he can hear enough that the teachers and aides just talk to him. They use a little bit of sign but no one in the school is fluent in ASL. Its frustrating toe as a parent to see such a lack of drive to learn it. I'm actually having a hard time with requesting it in his IEP because it's hard to advocate for him. I think it's an excellent idea to include ASL as a class in all schools.