I am learning ASL because...

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm learning because it is something to me i feel i should learn. There are so many wonderful people out there who live in a whole different kind of world that is still the same world as those like me who can speak. I honestly want to learn from their point of view. Learning a language like Spanish or French is just not something that is pulling for me to learn. ASL is just one that is :x

• Like 2

I am learning sign language because I wish to connect with the Deaf community and I am majoring in ASL interpreting and I want to become a good interpreter that respects cultural nuance.  I'm just starting out, I just finished ASL 1 and I am in search of deaf friends that would be willing to practice with me. 

• Like 2

i learning asl cause 3 year ago i started to lose hearing to both my ear so i wear hearing aids to hear better without them you will have to yell talk to me to hear you. i also want to learn asl is because is really interesting to learn i also want to make friends who are deaf or who is like me i will like to learn asl in case i lose my hearing completely . i only learn the sing to family ans some of the color but i want to learn more.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

My name is Bekah and I am learning ASL because I have dyslexia which makes written languages like Spanish and French hard for me to learn like other students my age. I am currently taking ASL 2 at my high school and wish to become a better signer so when I enter the work field, I will be able to help deaf patients receive the care they need. (I want to become a nurse who works in the NICU/deliver babies.)

Thanks for reading about me!!!