Hello & Happy Cinco de Mayo!

SnowmanLS

Hello everyone!

I just recently joined this forum thinking it might be a great way to get better at ASL. I took a few basic ASL courses years ago in college, but never followed through with interpreting aspirations (cause of, ya know, life). After years of thinking about the missed opportunity, I put my foot down and now trying to go back to school for interpreting. I am still a beginner, but love learning and experiencing both the language and Deaf culture.

I hope to get to signing with you all at some point. Until then, keep on keepin' on and stay safe out there 🤘

I am sitting in a chat room while doing the fingerspelling game..  hoping someone will drop in and join me to practice some signing.  Also just learning how these posts work.  Its not all clear to me yet.  Testing to see if this will show up in the right display panel under "posts".

• Like 1

On 5/6/2020 at 7:45 PM, Lauren Reed said:

If you're looking for a practice partner, I'm always interested. 🙂 I am hearing, just fyi.

Hello I'm Alex, Also I'm "Deaf" I would love it teaching for you if you are interested for learning sign language :) 

Texting (616)-216-3230

Alex,

• Like 1

Hi there Alex. Absolutely, getting to actually practice conversational sign rather than just by Youtube would be great. I'd love to see if we can setup a video chat sometime. and same for you, Lauren and Aspenlea.

I don't have a Zoom just yet, but got an old Skype account if those platforms are better than the video chat on the site.

Let me know your guys' thoughts, and nice to meet you!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...