Looking to just CHAT away using ASL

Apryl Voner

Hi, everyone.

I have been 'learning' sign language for years, mostly through books and rewinding when I see it on television. I used to work with the Sign Language Ministry at my church, but my current church doesn't offer the service. 

Now that we are on Lock-Down, I have been actively working on it again. I am Hearing, and I have no Deaf friends who I can practice with. I want to be able to communicate with others. 

On 6/4/2020 at 2:59 PM, Sarah Fisher said:

Hi! My name is Sarah, and I'm in a very similar position. I have an ASL practice test tomorrow, and i would love to sign with you for some practice! I've taken two levels of ASL and am hearing, just so you know. 

Hi! I can helping for you! I'm Deaf, 

On 6/4/2020 at 1:19 PM, Apryl Voner said:

Hi, everyone.

I have been 'learning' sign language for years, mostly through books and rewinding when I see it on television. I used to work with the Sign Language Ministry at my church, but my current church doesn't offer the service. 

Now that we are on Lock-Down, I have been actively working on it again. I am Hearing, and I have no Deaf friends who I can practice with. I want to be able to communicate with others. 

Hi! My name is Alex, Also "Deaf" SIgn Language. Want Helping? If you are interest, and thnak you :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

If you know how to communicate in sign language(s), you can help with this project by joining us on virtual conference sessions with a few other signers for 5 mins. Each session will be recorded for machine training and development purposes.

You will get a $100 for each completed session. 

Each participant can participate in up to 33 sessions. 

To participate, please click here

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/9/2020 at 8:36 AM, Alex Spencer said:

Hi! My name is Alex, Also "Deaf" SIgn Language. Want Helping? If you are interest, and thnak you :)

Hi, Alex

I lost this page, then I had to recover my password.

I am sorry for taking so long to respond.

Yes, I am interested in getting some help. Thank you for the offer. I am on FB (Apryl Voner). It's usually the best way to reach me.

I am in the Eastern Time. I am available a couple of hours a day from 6 - 8.... I would love chats (multiple people?) of about 15 minutes each.