Zoe Jacquez

Would like a Deaf/H.O.H buddy :)

Hello,

I was told the best way to learn ASL is to just chat with someone who has practiced ASL most/all their life. If anyone is willing to help me practice and correct my vocab/sentences, I would really appreciate it.

I have been learning ASL off and on for a few years, and know basic vocabulary. (So still a beginner) I took an ASL course over the summer with Texas School for the Deaf here in Austin, Tx. It was a virtual course due to COVID, so I was able to rewind videos, but was not able to ask any questions/advice/clarifications. 

Let me know if you'd like to chat. I am in central time BTW. :)

• Like 1

On 7/31/2020 at 11:32 AM, Jo Wright said:

Born deaf, ASL was my first language. Here to help. 🙂

Hi I'm new to ASL. I'm just looking for someone to maybe video chat with every now and then to help me practice and get better at it. I'm not comfortable with giving out my number where everyone can see it. but if you're interested can you email me at [email protected]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• salut! my name is vario and i have a question: i started learning songs in asl. but as the way sentences are build is very different to english, i don't know what to lipsync. example. songtext: "i hope he never lets me down again" in asl: HE, NEVER, LET DOWN, ME, AGAIN, I, HOPE  is it okay if i lipsync to the song normally as i sign or would it be better to lipsync the asl words i use? help me please! ❤️ PS: i just started learning asl two weeks ago,
    • I recently got my degree in elementary education and I used a few signs to try and help with order in the classroom. The kids loved it and they were finding out new one they could use. I am glad to have found this forum for a chance to practice. I hope you are healthy and happy!
    • Hello everyone, we are a postgraduate team from Trinity College Dublin attempting to gauge interest in a sign language learning application idea. The app would be similar to Duolingo but built around automatic sign recognition technology, where a user could sign for the app and receive feedback on their gestures legibility. Currently we’re still trying to figure out if an app like this would be of interest to sign language learners or if we’ve completely misjudged the potential audience.
    • salut! my name is vario and i am hearing and currently learning sign language! i am 17 as well it would be nice to meet you!