new to sign language

Dcormier

Hi i'm new to sign language, I'm learning for myself and to teach my daughter, As well as when I hopefully get my insurance license  I will be able to work with more clients because I am able to sign. I do have a few books and I am taking an online class. But it always help to have a friend to learn with as well. I would be happy to video chat. Prefer some one who is new to maybe a medium user. one who won't talk supper fast, lol.

Edited by Dcormier

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• I've realised I've made it difficult to access the video from my previous post via WeTransfer.  Below is a Google drive link which should hopefully work better and hopefully save people from having to download the file! https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ued0nYGJdbIYuUZTEmRqO7IMlUSk3n3o/view?usp=drive_link Thanks  
    • I hope the video link I've attached below isn't seen as me trying to demonstrate any degree of skill or me assuming that my signing is anywhere near correct. I hope that is serves more as a means of presenting to this community the drive I have to learn with you all. I've found that I haven't met anyone after my previous post, which I suppose is no surprise... The best way to practice ASL or any other sign online is generally going to be face to face. The necessity to communicate in this
    • Hey everyone, I've developed "SignTranslate", a completely free AI app dedicated to learning sign language. My goal was to create a space where everyone could learn and practice at their own pace, with a variety of resources suitable for all levels. The app is still in its development phase, and I'd love to get your feedback to make it even better. If you have a moment, could you test it out and let me know your thoughts? I'm particularly interested in your opinions on the current feat
    • Hello everybody!  My name is Amour.  I'm an educational interpreter and I wanted to use this site for my 4th graders to  play a fingerspelling game as they learn ASL!