asattler

Hello!  I'm learning sign language to help me communicate more easily at home and with other hearing impaired people, including my sister and others I hope to meet in the future.  I have always been deaf in one ear, but am slowly losing my hearing in my hearing ear as well.  It is becoming increasingly more difficult for me to hear, even though I wear hearing aides.  I have beginning level skills, having learned from Dr. Bill Vicar's ASL University course (and from his free ASL learning site, Lifeprints.com).  I would like to pracice with other beginning level signers OR very patient higher-level signers.  I'm excited that this site offers an opportunity for me and others to learn from each other!

• Like 1

Hi! I like learning new things. This ASL became a reality in 2017 @ Canadian Hearing Society. I think my brain literally melted. There were many factors I didn't know include in ASL. I continue to practice on my own but I would like to try to communicate with others. I am not yet that confident using ASL but I hope in time (patience) I will get there. I am looking forward learning with you :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Cnen, JamieHonds007, Fia and Angel,

Thank you for offering to sign with me!  I would love to know how to get in touch with you.  I stopped going to this site because I had trouble connecting to people while on it and am still wanting to know how to get in touch with people when they and I are free (i.e. to speak/sign directly to someone!).

I will enter each of your pages to see if I can set up a time to pracice signing with you.  Look forward to meeting all of you!

Cordially,

Alison Sattler

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/16/2020 at 8:50 PM, asattler said:

Hello!  I'm learning sign language to help me communicate more easily at home and with other hearing impaired people, including my sister and others I hope to meet in the future.  I have always been deaf in one ear, but am slowly losing my hearing in my hearing ear as well.  It is becoming increasingly more difficult for me to hear, even though I wear hearing aides.  I have beginning level skills, having learned from Dr. Bill Vicar's ASL University course (and from his free ASL learning site, Lifeprints.com).  I would like to pracice with other beginning level signers OR very patient higher-level signers.  I'm excited that this site offers an opportunity for me and others to learn from each other!

I love BILL. I am always willing to help to teach I love signing I don’t know everything but I can share what I do know. Anyone prefer a platform to video chat which do you prefer zoom, Skype, ?? My name is nylasha I’m a hearing person I go to a church for all deaf people to learn asl better

On 11/7/2020 at 9:16 PM, asattler said:

Hello Cnen, JamieHonds007, Fia and Angel,

Thank you for offering to sign with me!  I would love to know how to get in touch with you.  I stopped going to this site because I had trouble connecting to people while on it and am still wanting to know how to get in touch with people when they and I are free (i.e. to speak/sign directly to someone!).

I will enter each of your pages to see if I can set up a time to pracice signing with you.  Look forward to meeting all of you!

Cordially,

Alison Sattler

Feel free to reach out I can help with sign language email [email protected]

That is  also my Instagram (iammblessed) name where I do a lot of sign language gospel 

On 10/17/2020 at 6:20 AM, asattler said:

Heyya Allison!

I'm Dinsha Jain and I'm a beginner level signer. I too am learning from Bill Vicars and I love it!! He's so funny and good! I'd love to practice with you since we're both beginners.  :)

• 1 month later...