Hi :)

Jackie Eden

Hi Jackie..  DOnt give up.... jusr keep practicing  you will get there.. 

Ive been running  a voluntary group for 20 years  now Constituted  for  15 years. ... www.practicemakesperfect.org.uk  if you go to it  and then join   my facebook  page via  the Facebook logo.. I will send you video clips  that you need.. there are  lots of FREE  apps for mobile phones  etc  ,  websites  for   BSL dictionaries,  etc  I have  my own dvd is  you wish to buy it  ...details on  the website under  products.. The secret of  becoming  a good sign  is  keep practicing  every possible  minute..   especially  your  vowels and alphabet  as that  is  the foundation  for y ou to be able to communicate..  then learning signs   as often as possible. If you have a local Deaf  centre   please try to attend   and  maybe    there will be someone  to support  you..  Best  wishes.. maureen   

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Latest Posts

• Hello everyone I am NIamh, I am learning BSL as i think this will help me with my career looking after children with special needs to ensure they are all included even if they are are unable to hear or are non-communicative.
    • Hi Everyone am very new to signing after being in the army and many years in a steel works I'm now very hard of hearing in my later years  it is proving to be easier to learn than French and German as I am learning words far Moree quickly ,I understand sign language will not help me communicate with the majority of the public but hoping it will help going forward , i'm hoping this forum will help and any guidance you can share will be very welcome Thanks 
    • Job Title: Front of House Operations Accountable to: General Secretary Hours: Monday – Friday 40 hours a week (10.30am – 6.30pm) Salary: In excess of London Living Wage Overall Purpose of the Job To provide a smooth running and welcoming reception service, with a positive first experience for all visitors to 18 Leather Lane. This requires a calm, friendly and helpful customer-facing attitude in a busy office, liaising with Remark! staff who work for the company
    • Job Advertisement Job Title: Living CSW & Administrator Location: London wide Accountable to: Remark! Living Registered Manager Hours: Full Time Monday – Friday (40 hours a week) Some weekend work will be required. Salary: £24,000 – £27,080 (based on experience) Applying: Remark! is an Equal Opportunities Employer (EOE) If you are interested in joining us, please send a CV and covering letter describing how your experience matches the role to Jonny Nelson:
    • I am coming out of university and as an inclusive dance artist/ teacher, I am trying to be as diverse as possible.  I am also going into teaching in the next academic year in a school that is for children with hearing impairments and I think I will be able to have better communication, understanding and connections with the children if I can speak to them using sign language. Is there anyone on here that is a dance teacher for those with hearing impairments? I would love to connect and
    • I'm Simon and I'm deaf on my right side since I was 8. Its always worried me that I could lose my hearing completely and thought it was about time I learnt BSL
  • Fingerspelling Scoreboard

(top 10 - past 24hrs)

• Fingerspelling Animation Maker