Hi everyone. I did a BSL level 1 course about 20 years ago when I was at sixth form college, alongside my other subjects. It was just something that I felt I wanted to do. Of course I didn't use it at all for a long time though so had forgotten most of it. This year I started a job as a teaching assistant at my local primary school with deaf children who have cochlear implants. Most of them are verbal but one uses BSL to communicate. Before I started the job I started this online BSL course to refresh my knowledge but now that I'm at home most of the time due to the lockdown, I want to get to grips with it properly. I've got 3 children so it's pretty busy at home but if it's possible to practise with others then that'd be great. Gemma

• Like 1

Hi Gemma i am the same i am a nursery nurse working along side children who are verbal and non verbal and i am trying to extend my knowledge during lock down so when i go back i will be able to support them. i hope you dont mind me commenting on your post im new at this and am a very shy person haha 😁 thanks Ellen 

1 hour ago, Ellen Cook said:

Hi Gemma i am the same i am a nursery nurse working along side children who are verbal and non verbal and i am trying to extend my knowledge during lock down so when i go back i will be able to support them. i hope you dont mind me commenting on your post im new at this and am a very shy person haha 😁 thanks Ellen 

I don't mind at all Ellen. Thanks for replying. I wasn't sure about writing anything at all on the forum - it's a bit scary putting yourself out there isn't it? I watched a video yesterday that someone on here had made of themselves signing along to '7 years' by Lukas Graham. She said she'd only been signing for 2 weeks yet she'd put a video of herself signing on YouTube! I definitely don't have that kind of confidence! How are you finding the online course?

hi yeah i was the same wasnt sure to comment on anything hahah. im finding it good i already knew little bits and its coming back to me as i go through them but my partner just look at me when im signing and doesnt have a clue haha. i would love to be able to do something like that but just dont have the confidence. how are you finding the course?