Looking for next level - Level 2?

Hi There,

I just finished  the Level 1 course with British-Sign.co.uk and want to know where to go next with my signing education?

I really enjoyed how the course was set up with British-sign so something similar to that would be great and not too expensive...British-Sign were doing a deal where their £35 course could be done for a donation payment of as little as £3...I payed £15. 

Any ideas? 

• 1 month later...

Word to the wise - I enrolled for the level 2 and level 3 courses on The Course Mix and so far I am disappointed and unimpressed. I have gone through the first 4 modules of lvl 2 and so far all I have done is go through online powerpoint slides with absolutely no signing.

I can recoup the cost of the courses through my employer but for anyone else I do not recommend signing up to the courses. The huge discount may draw you in but you'll be better of paying the full price elsewhere where there is actual signing involved and not just reading off a screen.

HI @Helen McConnell

So when you go into one of the modules - along the right hand side you will see a list of slides as per the screenshot below. I work in IT so creating slides in powerpoint and then rebranding them to appear a certain way is not that difficult to do and that seems to be the case here. The slides are very wordy and there is absolutely no signing throughout any of the modules I have done. There are illustrations of signing which are not actually very helpful since it would be so much better to see actual signing rather than having to imagine how it looks and potentially getting it wrong when you try and work it out.

Ill finish the courses since ive paid for them but I would not recommend them.

image.png.fbc0db056473491cbbebe76114bcd91a.png

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Mariam said:

Hey guys, I’m now looking for the next level but finding it difficult to find as I’m looking for home learning, any ideas please

Hi @Mariam, try here -

https://www.bslcourses.co.uk/

they’re not cheap but the quality of the course is very good. Don’t go for any places offering a course at a silly cheap price otherwise you get what you pay for.

• 4 months later...