Sign in to follow this  
Carriebrimelow

I’m learning BSL because..

Hi my names Carrie and I’m a registered nurse. I decided to learn BSL when I had a patient whom was deaf and blind. This made communicating extremely difficult due to Covid-19 and relatives not being able to visit to assist in communicating. I began by learning my name and signing it onto his hand and learning basic BSL such as ‘food, drink, good, bad, pain, toilet’. This is another world of communication I realised I needed to be able to do my job effectively and help gain a relationship with my patients who cannot verbally communicate. I’m very excited to use these skills I have learnt so far.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Latest Posts

• Hello everyone! Signed up to do BSL course about 4 hours ago and I'm really enjoying it! I've wanted to do a BSL course for a while now, didn't realise you could do online until my friend completed hers today. Looking forward to this new adventure Hope you all have a lovely weekend! Naomi
    • Wow! That was awesome Really hope you still frequent this forum.
    • Hello everyone, i hope your all well. I have just started to learn BSL but its something ive been wanting to do for a while and i have finally done it. i work in catering and i would love to be able to comunicate and interact more with deaf and hard of hearing people. I am still very new i have only learned as far as fingerspelling, numbers, greetings, places and jobs but i am enjoying every minute of it. I hope to be able to interact with you all :) 
    • Hi Anja, Not sure if you still need help with this but I did the below video for you. Sentence structure as follows - "Hello Anja" "Nice meet you" "Name me what - Jeet" "Your question" "Try this" "Give, mobile phone, please" Happy for anyone to come in and correct any of the above, i only got my certification last week Friday.  
    • Hi everyone I’m Charlotte I work in retail and while we have been furloughed I thought I would use my time to learn basic sign language so that I can serve all of my Customers as at the moment it must be difficulty hard of hearing customers as we have no one that can sign 
    • Think Ive got the first verse done. Will post a video later after some practice
  • Fingerspelling Scoreboard

(top 10 - past 24hrs)

• Fingerspelling Animation Maker