Does anyone actually use this Website???

Does anyone actually use this website to communicate with each other? Every time I am on a rarely see others post or commune with each other or occupy the video chat rooms. 

Currently I have hit a wall in my lessons and would like to actually try to practice beginner sign language with another user. I have learned the majority of the signs from the now completed course, give or take a few. And would like to practice full conversation with other individuals (questions, day to day talk, how to correctly sign this particular sentence, etc).

Thanks for taking the time to read this. And please reach out if interested. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I try come on weekly if I can I've passed my level three. It depends what's going on in my life. Maybe a Facebook group would work better? We may get more people to practice with also. I've just created a group on Facebook called BSL forum if anyone wants to join 😊

Edited by Tals

hey, I am pretty new to this also. I think the only way I will remember all the signing is if I put it into use. I feel like I have forgotten all i've learnt so far!

I am going to keep coming on here and replying to some video etc hopefully that will help 🥴

• Like 2

Hi Naomi,

I have done the beginners course and thought it went well but I seemed to have forgotten loads. so I am now going to re do all the course as well as doing lots more online. So I have now signed up to these chat rooms in hoping I will be able to practise with other beginners ☺️

1 hour ago, Naomi Tillotson-Keating said:

Maxine, how far have you got with the course so far? I'm very early on. are you finding it harder to make signs or read them? 

hey, I am pretty new to this also. I think the only way I will remember all the signing is if I put it into use. I feel like I have forgotten all i've learnt so far!

I am going to keep coming on here and replying to some video etc hopefully that will help 🥴

Hi! I'm new and I just posted a thread in the introductions section. I'm only on the very first lesson of my course, so I'm not really at a level to practice with someone else yet! But hopefully as I progress through the lessons, eventually I'll get good enough to maybe practice through video chat or something. The course recommended me to only do one new lesson a week, though, so it might take a while ...

Good morning all. I can do an hour on Saturday (I told the wife she can play on my Nintendo Switch during this time 😛 ).

What time(s) work best for you? I can also host using my work Webex account so will just need email addresses for all those that would like to join.

Edited by Jeetus Maximus Sohpal
Additional information added

• 9 months later...
On 29/05/2020 at 02:01, Usayd Islam Tariq said:

Does anyone actually use this website to communicate with each other? Every time I am on a rarely see others post or commune with each other or occupy the video chat rooms. 

Currently I have hit a wall in my lessons and would like to actually try to practice beginner sign language with another user. I have learned the majority of the signs from the now completed course, give or take a few. And would like to practice full conversation with other individuals (questions, day to day talk, how to correctly sign this particular sentence, etc).

Thanks for taking the time to read this. And please reach out if interested. 

hi 

i too often come on to the rooms and find that no one uses them i often come on after 7pm if that helps and sometimes during the day after 2pm hope to help each other out i have completed level 1 hope to complete level 2 this year 

thanks vee