Sign in to follow this  
ParamedicAC

How do you ask what a sign means that you haven't seen before?

Hi all, 

Just wondering how you would ask someone what a specific sign meant, if it was one you hadn't seen before or couldn't work out. 

Would it be:

Sign - 'replicate sign' - what? 

Any advice appreciated, thanks! 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Latest Posts

• I have always wanted to learn BSL and love learning new languages generally. I learnt to fingerspell at a young age and have always wanted to learn more. I now work across a number of primary school working with children with SEN including HI and those who are pre-verbal and sign as their main form of communication, so I would like to be able to interact with them more.
    • Hi I'm Laura. I learnt to fingerspell when I was younger as my dad was completing a sign language course. Always wanted to take this further and now have finally got time to do it!
    • Hi everyone! I'm learning BSL for a couple of reasons. Firstly, I've always been fascinated with Sign Language - it's such a complex, beautiful and expressive language and has a brilliant community to go along with it. I've been trying to learn on and off for a few years but wasn't ever able to put aside enough time to commit to it! But now I've joined a group in my congregation who teach it, and it's been so much fun to learn together! Even through this pandemic we've been able to continue
    • Hi everyone! I'm Catherine and have just finished studying at Glasgow University. Sign language is something I always wanted to learn and now I have plenty of time to do it so I decided to sign up to an online course and am loving it! I feel sign language is such a great skill to learn because it can help you to be a more inclusive person and I think it is important to be aware of the means of communication in the deaf community. There is a man at my church who communicates using BSL and I alway
    • Hi, my names Chloe, I've just finished University and I've wanted to learn sign language for years but never had enough time to devote to it. Can't wait to start learning.
    • Hi, in my role as a Traffic Officer for Highways England. I helped a family that was deaf, because of their lip reading skills we where able to communicate.  Ever since then I have wanted to learn BSL. Hopefully at basic level but aiming for higher if possible.   
    • BSL is something I've always wanted to learn and I think it's important to try to be as inclusive as possible in all environments, so I started this course a couple of weeks ago as something to fill my summer when I don't have much else to do. Hopefully I'll be able to use it with people I meet at work and socially.
  • Fingerspelling Scoreboard

(top 10 - past 24hrs)

• Fingerspelling Animation Maker