Sign in to follow this  
JennyA

Hello

Hi my name is Jenny.  I am a mainstream primary school intervention teacher and speech therapy coordinator.  I have a good knowledge in Makaton but want to learn BSL so I can support our hearing impaired children and their parents/carers. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Latest Posts

• Hi my name is Mischa and I am 13 years old. I started  these courses about 2-3 months ago and have really enjoyed them so far. So far I know the alphabet,numbers 1-100 without looking at any videos to help me. I know a few jobs and a few signs such as hello and how are you but I am not 100% confident on those yet. I also know most of my colours too. During lock down this has been the perfect thing to do when I am bored because I learn something new each time! My mam mentioned the courses to me a
    • Hi, I have just started the BSL course - I was born slightly deaf in one ear and struggle when there is a lot of noise so rely on lip reading but have always wanted to learn Sign Language. I am also a Teaching Assistant and could potentially have a child starting in September that is deaf but uses Sign Supported English, I know that it uses BSL signs but does anyone else have ant advice/material that would help? TIA
    • I have always been fascinated  when watching people signing on tv, and had promised myself that one day I would learn BSL. This time came during the COVID-19 when I was at home going through my emails, and saw BSL Course on Buyagift at a reduced price. I snapped it up and thoroughly enjoyed every minute of the course. So I decided to continue the course with BSL direct. I also work with children and hope that one day this would come in handy
    • Hi, I have always had an interest in learning BSL as I have worked in education for nearly 10 years. However, I started a new job last year as a curriculum lead and a employability tutor. One of my students this year is profoundly deaf. She will have a BSL interpreter, but I felt that if I can at least learn the basics, I can contribute somehow. I am finding it a bit tricky though, I need to practice more. Is there anyone who's learning BSL that is left handed and how are you finding it?
    • Hi, I'm Mei! I'm a student currently pursuing my undergraduate studies in design. I stumbled upon this online course from one of my recommendations on my university's web page and it's amazing. I have been wanting to learn BSL for a while now and this is a great opportunity to pick it up - due to the really clear information and videos. 
    • hi! i'm maya, i'm really new to learning bsl. i like anime and vocaloid music! i'm learning sign language because i'm mute and autistic, and i prefer it over clunky text to speech software or using a notepad. i hope i'm doing this right haha, it's nice to meet you all :)
    • Hi I'm Michelle,  I have always wanted to learn to sign for a while, having this opportunity means a lot.  Working with children on occasion with communication difficulties and this has opened up a communication barrier. Thank you     
    • Heya, My names Alllanah and i have recently decided to take up learning BSL due to needing not only a different career path but life path. I went to college for 3 years studying Art and Design but realized this isn't where i wanted to be in the real world as its very difficult to get into, extremely competitive.  I work in retail and would really like to change my life around and have a purpose to get out of bed in the morning. To help someone during this short stay, we call life.
  • Fingerspelling Scoreboard

(top 10 - past 24hrs)

• Fingerspelling Animation Maker