Introduce Yourself

Hi, I'm Mei! I'm a student currently pursuing my undergraduate studies in design. I stumbled upon this online course from one of my recommendations on my university's web page and it's amazing. I have been wanting to learn BSL for a while now and this is a great opportunity to pick it up - due to the really clear information and videos. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Posts

• Hi I am interested if you don’t mind 
    • Hi I am learning BSL for my work as a health care assistant I am doing BSL level 1 I really enjoy learning I wear hearing aids so hard of hearing 
    • Hi - new learner ( later in life perhaps - I’m 50+ ) have done about 3 months BSL with an awesome teacher and am looking for practice buddies - i find the dexterity and speed of fluent speakers amazing - I’m really really slow 😂 - the key I’m told is practice practice and more practice - I’d love to have a video chat buddy to practice with. Please drop me a line if interested. I’m a company owner in the technology / social value / climate sector. 
    • Hey, I work as an Early years practitioner for the NHS where we use Makaton within our setting. Although I am enjoying learning and using Makaton I decided I wanted to try learning BSL. Although I am only about to start lesson 5, so far so good with the BSL, in fact I love it! and now we have a child who has a hearing difficulty. I am hard on myself ensuring I am very sure of the signs I have learnt before using them at work. I often recap previous lessons to confirm my retainment and set myself (what I call) a remember challenge for words that are challenging for me to memorise which I have found useful. I am already finding that I can read some language signed on television and feel very excited / proud. This leaves me thinking, within inclusion, why is BSL not on the curriculum for children to learn at school?        
    • Great this is very appreciable. I personally believe learning anything new in life is our achievement, so whether we use this language or not, we should give a try learning BSL.   _____________________________________ Anthony Constantinou
    • A friend of mine is a Clairvoyant and she had this person appear when she was with clients.  He seems to be using a form of sign language, but I have no idea what it is. Can anyone clarify what the hands are saying? Your help is greatly appreciated. Penelope  
    • Okay cool!  Discord is like an app that is really good for "group chats". You can use it on a computer too. I will message you the invite link to the server (think of a server like a group chat) I have made. It will guide you to make a discord account and then join you into the server! Slow is okay
    • Hi,  group chat good idea.  What is discord?    I am fully hearing but always had an interest in BSL and final got round to beginning to learn.  Bit slow going as have to fit it in around work & home life. 
  • Fingerspelling Scoreboard

(top 10 - past 24hrs)

• Fingerspelling Animation Maker