hira

Hi there!

Hi everyone! My name is Hira and I am 19 years old. I am studying Speech and Language Therapy at University and had my first placement last December. Through volunteering and my placement, I have realised how important it is to know the basics of signing in order to communicate with others. For my career, I want to learn BSL so I can sign certain topics with children who have language difficulties during therapy sessions etc. I also love developing skills and although BSL seems really tricky as I have just started out, I want to keep practising and improving so I can communicate effectively. I am really thankful in some ways for the lockdown earlier this year because it motivated me to sign up and start learning BSL! I hope I get a lot quicker at it soon! Thanks for reading :)