Can someone please help me with the order of signing.

Yesterday I went swimming

Would it be ....Yesterday (time) swimming (topic) I went (comment)

or

Would you just sign.....I went swimming yesterday

Many thanks :)

sue

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Posts

• BSL is regional and there are different dialects depending on where you live/where you learn, just the same as spoken English
    • Movement or not that sign can mean friend or friends, depends on the context of what you are saying. Variation is normal because of dialect and people just signing in slightly different ways. There isn't a movement that makes signs plural though.
    • First sign is: 'clever/smart' Second sign, I think is slightly incorrect but looks like it could be 'how long' or 'because'   Third sign: if you repeated a few times would be 'process' like steps forward.
    • I decided to Learn BSL after watching a short film, A SILENT CHILD, and getting tearful at the family of a little girl who didn't bother to learn how to communicate with her. After that I watched many youtube videos on ASL without realizing I'm thousands of miles away from anyone who I could possibly communicate it with. My college conveniently offered this course as an extra curricular, and so here I am!! I'm very excited to learn the language, and I love the fact that soon I'll be able to communicate without using words.    Good luck guys!
    • And completely forgot I put where I live in conversation title lol. Ah well, more practice
    • Definitely practice makes perfect! I'm nearly halfway through the introduction to BSL but this looks like a really good place to practice. Friendly :). Hate the webcam but it won't let me upload better video from phone. Don't know how to delete this one now I've recorded it. I will get used to where I am eventually lol  
    • I took a live BSL course in London 40 years ago (!) when I had a number of deaf friends. That Christmas I signed the lesson as it was read at a carol concert. I did a little bit of voluntary interpreting for friends. I have been working as a translator from Dutch to English for 25 years and currently also work as an online storyteller. I thought it would be nice to brush up on my skills and sign while I tell stories.
  • Fingerspelling Scoreboard

(top 10 - past 24hrs)

• Fingerspelling Animation Maker