Planning to sign while I tell stories

I took a live BSL course in London 40 years ago (!) when I had a number of deaf friends. That Christmas I signed the lesson as it was read at a carol concert. I did a little bit of voluntary interpreting for friends. I have been working as a translator from Dutch to English for 25 years and currently also work as an online storyteller. I thought it would be nice to brush up on my skills and sign while I tell stories.

• 2 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Posts

• Hi claire, I  can normally do sometimes over the weekends if you are still looking for practice Sue
    • Waiting in chat room if anyone wants a quick practice  
    • The dates the other lady said about are no good to me but can try another time say for example Fridays in the day time perhaps or at the weekend/   Thanks Claire
    • Hi Becky   That would be a lovely idea as I have trained before in BSL and have got a bit rusty and need to refresh my knowledge. I work with young people and in the community it is difficult to know when your skills are needed. This being Deaf awareness week made me feel I needed to carry on with my online course and try to get less rusty. Claire
    • Hi Aaron, I wou;ld love to practice sometime please. I am better earlier than later times as I had a brian tumour and now have M.E. so 4pm would suit me best. My computer always seems to freeze in the chatroom so I prefer to zoom. If you send me your email add. and let me know what day is best for you I can send you zoom details. Sue  
    • Hi Alan, I am a left hand signer and when it comes to directions it is still the same your dominant hand points towards the direction and you confirm with mouthing the word "Left", while pointing to the left etc.  hope this helps! You a get together is happening from 6pm on the 8th May and continuing daily (if I'm available) usual time is 7-9pm GMT until November-ish time. Come join in and learn together   
    • Hi Aaron, Yes I will see you Sunday! I might be able to be earlier on Saturday too let me know if you are on! 
    • hello everyone is anyone interested in practicing there bsl skills on video chat then I am free everyday after 4pm until 6:30pm and occasionally from 7pm to 10pm Im currently studying my level 2 and know the basics, we can all help each other as much as we can 
  • Fingerspelling Scoreboard

(top 10 - past 24hrs)

• Fingerspelling Animation Maker