1. I'm learning sign because I'm a carer in home and as you know we have to wear masks some people can't ear me but can sign so I comes in handy anD I find it interesting and I've found it easy to do I've started about 2weeks ago I've all ready tested myself on quizes I've got 72.89%¬† that's great I think still a long way to goūüßźūü§™

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Posts

• I work for a company whose focus is to teach English and my character is focussed on pronunciation. However, I asked to add BSL for the vocabulary we use to help the children have the opportunity to learn BSL either by consciously watching for it, or sub-consciously by simply trying to copy the way that I move in the videos as a form of kinaesthetic learning. From time to time I have questions about certain vocabulary and later on it will be more to do with¬†concepts. I hope this is a place that can offer help and support. If you want to see what I'm doing, here's a sample:¬†https://eltsongs.com/lesson/unit-23-pronunciation/
    • I guess this never got resolved? I'm also interested in the verb "to play" (an instrument).
    • Hi¬† My name is Jan and Sign Language has always fascinated me so I have decided to have a go at learning.¬† No specific reason at the moment other than giving me a goal to work towards. I am considering being a Foster Parent and would in the future like to volunteer with groups that educate disabled adults and this may come in useful. I would also agree with some comments in that it should be taught in schools/colleges as are other languages. Jan ¬†
    • I'm learning BSL and I am moving to the UK from South Africa and in SA I wont in a school for the deaf and use South African Sign Language on a daily basis, and thus I want to be able to be as inclusive and fluent when I move as I am in SA.
    • Hi, i am a person of hearing and have always been interested in the ability to communicate with out the use of sound, i have decided to learn sign language to see how the challenging task of building a language through sign has been done. i have been learning the basics and find it extremely well designed and very intuitive! i think sign should be a language considered learning just¬†like a verbal language and should be an option within schools! i am really enjoying the language and find it a much more direct way of communicating¬†without being too serious. if there is anybody who lives in aylesbury who would like to practise signing together send me a message! ¬†
    • I am learning BSL as we have a deaf student starting in September, and as a department this has made us realise a weakness in our team. I have taken the initiative and begun learning in my own time to make a smooth as possible transition for this student. BSL is also something I have thought about learning for a while, but the timings had never been right.¬†
    • Hello everyone, I am a mum of 3 and currently work as a Student Support Assistant (TA) in a secondary school. I have recently finished my degree in Education Studies and am looking for more to improve my current work practice. Looking forward to learning alongside you guys.
    • Hello, My name is Hajra. I am an MA student of Film in London. I am currently working on my dissertation which is based on the portrayal of Deafness and D/deaf people in cinema. I have to find answers to a bunch of questions to show a film which is made entirely the way D/deaf people will like to see a film like. It will be captioned by D/deaf, have art from D/deaf and even the sounds produced by D/deaf. I want to find the answers to the questions related both to sound and silence. I will also perform a few experiments which are going to highlight the difficulties a D/deaf person has to face while watching a film in cinema which is made keeping the hearing people in mind. I will be really grateful if¬†you are¬†willing to be a part of the research and the film. ¬† Thanks, Hajra
  • Fingerspelling Scoreboard

(top 10 - past 24hrs)

• Fingerspelling Animation Maker