Hiya, I'm studying level one and have been given some videos to interpret to test my knowledge, however, I really don't understand some of the signs and can't find them in my training. I wondered if anyone could shed any light on them please. I've written out the rest of the sentence, as I understand it, for context and described the signs I don't understand in brackets.

1. Monday my work starts what time? 8. Friday I work (flat hand moves across face)

2. Summer I love why? (fist in circles in front of mouth) day

3. Easter when? spring - march, april (two fingers brush from flat palm to fingers twice)

4. Saturday I eat (both hands in fists, like they're holding frying pan handles) - does it just mean a fry up?

Thank you in advance for any light you can shine on these, it's hard to search for what BSL signs mean, it's not like learning French where you can just Google, "what does escargot mean?"

Hello JoJo,

The only help I can offer you is No. 2 Summer I love why? I think the fist circles the mouth (also seen this with a palm circing the mouth is the sign for  WARM.

Sue

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Posts

• I'm not deaf or hard of hearing, but I'm a secondary school teacher with a number of children with varying hearing difficulties, and a father who wears hearing aids. I figure that as well as being fascinating to learn (I love learning new things), it's a skill that could be really beneficial to me too.
    • I'm training to become a GB sub officer and feel that learning bsl will help my company to be more inclusive to children with hearing difficulties 
    • I'm new to signing and can't quite figure it out !!! 
    • Hello my My name is Joline I'm 42 years old. I'm several hard of hearing and wear hearing aids. Im on the waiting list for the Cochlear Implants. I've been hard of hearing since a young girl and I'm learning to sign now to be able to communicate with my children and others as over the years my hearing has deteriorated and without out my hearing aids I'm in silence  Thank you for reading 
    • Hi Martin You are not alone! Have you had any signing experience before? If not, have you found BSL to have helped you communicate? Wen 
    • Hi Megan I know it's been a few days since you posted this but I am 24 and took up BSL after learning more about the Deaf community thanks to Rose, and would be more than happy to talk with you? Thanks   Wen 
    • Hi both I also work in a school, but in Cornwall - would be happy to video chat or interact similarly using the chat room etc. as I would love some interaction! I am loving how logical BSL is :)  Wen 
    • Hi I’m Frankie I’m 19 years old from Birmingham I have been learning for just over a year now and have completed my Level 1,2,3 but I’ve come to a stand still as I really need some interaction with people but there doesn’t seem to be a lot of places for jobs or volunteers if anyone could help with this or would be willing to meet up that would be great! I also learn BSL online
  • Fingerspelling Scoreboard

(top 10 - past 24hrs)

• Fingerspelling Animation Maker