Hello,

We are Mary and Ken, we are a couple living in south London. I am Mary and I have recently started volunteering at our local café and thought BSL may be a good thing to know to accommodate more customers. My husband is Ken, he has just been promoted to manager at his job. He works with young people trying to get jobs that may be at a disadvantage and he thought that it would be good to strengthen his knowledge as he only knows a few words. Any help or ideas where to start would be much appreciated. 
Mary x 😚

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Posts

• I work for a company whose focus is to teach English and my character is focussed on pronunciation. However, I asked to add BSL for the vocabulary we use to help the children have the opportunity to learn BSL either by consciously watching for it, or sub-consciously by simply trying to copy the way that I move in the videos as a form of kinaesthetic learning. From time to time I have questions about certain vocabulary and later on it will be more to do with concepts. I hope this is a place that can offer help and support. If you want to see what I'm doing, here's a sample: https://eltsongs.com/lesson/unit-23-pronunciation/
    • I guess this never got resolved? I'm also interested in the verb "to play" (an instrument).
    • Hi  My name is Jan and Sign Language has always fascinated me so I have decided to have a go at learning.  No specific reason at the moment other than giving me a goal to work towards. I am considering being a Foster Parent and would in the future like to volunteer with groups that educate disabled adults and this may come in useful. I would also agree with some comments in that it should be taught in schools/colleges as are other languages. Jan  
    • I'm learning BSL and I am moving to the UK from South Africa and in SA I wont in a school for the deaf and use South African Sign Language on a daily basis, and thus I want to be able to be as inclusive and fluent when I move as I am in SA.
    • Hi, i am a person of hearing and have always been interested in the ability to communicate with out the use of sound, i have decided to learn sign language to see how the challenging task of building a language through sign has been done. i have been learning the basics and find it extremely well designed and very intuitive! i think sign should be a language considered learning just like a verbal language and should be an option within schools! i am really enjoying the language and find it a much more direct way of communicating without being too serious. if there is anybody who lives in aylesbury who would like to practise signing together send me a message!  
    • I am learning BSL as we have a deaf student starting in September, and as a department this has made us realise a weakness in our team. I have taken the initiative and begun learning in my own time to make a smooth as possible transition for this student. BSL is also something I have thought about learning for a while, but the timings had never been right. 
    • Hello everyone, I am a mum of 3 and currently work as a Student Support Assistant (TA) in a secondary school. I have recently finished my degree in Education Studies and am looking for more to improve my current work practice. Looking forward to learning alongside you guys.
    • Hello, My name is Hajra. I am an MA student of Film in London. I am currently working on my dissertation which is based on the portrayal of Deafness and D/deaf people in cinema. I have to find answers to a bunch of questions to show a film which is made entirely the way D/deaf people will like to see a film like. It will be captioned by D/deaf, have art from D/deaf and even the sounds produced by D/deaf. I want to find the answers to the questions related both to sound and silence. I will also perform a few experiments which are going to highlight the difficulties a D/deaf person has to face while watching a film in cinema which is made keeping the hearing people in mind. I will be really grateful if you are willing to be a part of the research and the film.   Thanks, Hajra
  • Fingerspelling Scoreboard

(top 10 - past 24hrs)

• Fingerspelling Animation Maker