BSL Support Worker Vacancy

SeeAbility

BSL Support Worker

Salary: £19,500 per annum plus benefits

Full UK driving license is preferred but not essential.

Would you like to work at our brand-new home in Eastleigh, Hampshire? Are you BSL Level 1 or above trained Native British Sign Language User? Do you have experience working with adults with Autism? Are you willing to be part of a transition team to ensure they settle into their new home?

We are looking for experienced Support Workers, full time or part time, BSL trained to Level 1 or above, or have a willingness to learn BSL. Staff should also have experience of supporting someone with autism.

‘Hi, my name is Ben and I'm shortly going to be living in my own home in Eastleigh, Hampshire Eastleigh and will be supported by SeeAbility. I use BSL to communicate, and you will too!

I am looking for calm, positive, friendly and happy individuals to join my team of support workers.  You will need to support me to lead the life I want and to encourage me to gradually become more and more skilled and confident.

Whilst I need a quiet and happy environment in my home, I really enjoy walking and playing football so you will need to be able to walk fairly long distances.  I also like jigsaw puzzles and have a passion for antiques, so I would love it if you liked these things too. 

I am looking for people to join my team who have the same interests as me so they would need to be physically fit, 100% reliable and able to provide me with personal care support.  I have autism and sometimes my behaviour can be challenging although that should not stop me doing the things I love and leading an active life.

I will need your encouragement to learn life skills and gain independence but that’s something everyone needs at times; as long as you are patient, confident, able to see the value in small gains, will follow coaching from my behaviour support person and are willing to help when needed, we will get along just fine!’

Who are SeeAbility?

SeeAbility encourages people with disabilities to challenge what they expect from life, from themselves and from wider society. The people we support overcome huge barriers to achieve exciting new things every day: some big, some small, all extraordinary. They challenge us all to rethink disability.

Our Benefits

• Discounts platform ‘The Hive’ for permanent staff, including gift cards, discount codes and other benefits
  • Pension scheme
  • Long Service, Employee of the Month and Annual Staff Awards
  • Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) for help with financial, physical and mental wellbeing
  • Paid enhanced DBS
  • E-learning/Classroom training/Diplomas
  • Regular one to one supervision
  • Refer a friend bonus scheme – £600
  • 28 days annual leave increasing with length of service
  • Flexible working
  • Life assurance
  • As a “key worker” you will benefit from government incentive schemes

If you are interested in applying for this role, please visit our website at https://careers.seeability.org/