In-house BSL Teacher

remark.uk

Job Title: In-house BSL Teacher

Salary: £28k pro rata

Accountable to: Service Manager

Hours: Part time (30 hours a week, 3 days 11am-9pm)

Deadline: Friday 26th November 2021

Interviews: Monday 29th November 2021

If you are interested in this position, please email your covering letter including salary expectations and CV to: Natalie Taylor: [email protected]

About Remark!

Remark! is an innovative and exciting Deaf-led organisation.

We take pride in the fact BSL is part of our everyday working culture and is ingrained into our working practice.

• Remark! Training – providing outstanding BSL Training from Level 1 to full interpreter status, including refresher and CPD workshops, mentoring and Deaf awareness training to clients

Overall Purpose of the Job

We are looking for a new teacher due to a surge in demand. The teacher’s principal role is to focus on BSL teaching and providing outstanding guidance and support for students in a positive and inspiring learning culture. This will be predominately evening classes and/or weekends. The teacher will also be required to cover other courses such as Deaf Awareness Training and bespoke company training.

Key responsibilities

Reporting to the Service Manager, your key role will be to:

1) Deliver one or all of the following training courses to be held at Remark! Training or remotely via Zoom: · Signature BSL Level 3 · Signature BSL Level 6 · Deaf Awareness Training · Bespoke company training/BSL Tasters · BSL Level 1 and 2 (if required)

2) Maintain a clear and organised record of student files. These must be updated after any correspondence held with student(s).

3) Make every effort to accommodate independent students and create all required documents.

4) Fulfil the role of BSL Teacher, maintaining a close working relationship with the course administrators with efficiency and accuracy including uploading assessments to the Signature portal.

5) Prepare the students and administrators for any course assessments.

6) Support students with additional tutorials where necessary providing constructive feedback in the tutorial.

7) Ensure all Assessments are completed and submitted accurately on the specified assessment date.

😎 Maintain a good, supportive and constructive relationship with students with genuine interest for their wellbeing and progression within the classroom.

9) Ensure teaching resources evolve and reflect current affairs and developments in BSL to coincide with the development of Remark! teaching materials.

10) Assist on any other Training-related tasks as instructed by the Services Manager and to support the smooth operation of the Training Division for Remark!.

Accountability

The post-holder is responsible for individual performance objectives agreed with the line-manager, and in relation to the performance and function of the Training Division itself (to be agreed in appraisals). Strict confidentiality is required in the nature of this job and this forms part of the accountability and evaluation for the success of the role.

Person Specification

Essential

• Qualified teacher (DTTLS/PGCE/PCET)

• BSL Level 6 qualification

• Native BSL user

• Ability to teach BSL Level 1, 2, 3

• Knowledge of teaching and the ability to create lessons

• Excellent communication skills

• Knowledge of English language

• Patience and the ability to remain calm in stressful situations

• Flexible and open to change

• Basic knowledge of technology such as Microsoft Office, for example PowerPoint and Zoom

• Ability to follow and implement Remark! Training systems into work

• Ability to work alone and part of a team

• Positive attitude

Desirable

• Ability to teach BSL Level 6 and/or willingness to attend training

http://remark.uk.com/workwithus/

bsl lv1 sept  (2).png