Alex Kerr

Sports Directions

Hello,

haven't used BSL since primary school, but have recently had some children who are deaf join a sports club I help with.  They have a translator with them but I was wondering if you could help me out with a few words so if they are watching us coach rather than their translator they will still get what we are saying

Forwards (position) and Go Forwards

Defence

Go back

Black (I believe this is moving your fist along your jawline?)

White

Pairs

Stay Close

Well Done (or is congratulations - thumbs up in moving in circles - good for this?)

Thank you in advance! Alex

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Latest Posts

• Hi there. I have a deaf son but he dosnt use BSL. I also work in a school with hearing impaired unit. I have had the opportunity to learn level 2 at work, and passed. I feel so proud but since passing I don’t seem to be using it as much as I’d like... it seems difficult to find work in my local area working with deaf adults & using level 2 skills
    • Hello everyone. Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Graham. I work as a Business Analyst on a Games which makes video games for kids. A big part of this is working to make products accessible to everyone regardless of impediment. Part of my work has led me to want to learn BSL and Makaton, as I want to be able to communicate effectively with as many people through my job as possible. I taught myself finger-spelling, and have learned basic signs through sessions at work. But, I've signed up for the online "Introduction to BSL" course.
    • Hello, everyone!

I'm looking for someone to have conversation practice with via Skype ( once a week for something like 1 hour, if possible).

I recently finished the Online course and now I need to expand my vocabulary and learn how to have an actual conversation.
      If you are interested, please contact me.

Thank you in advance,
      Rada
    • Hi Beccy I'm new to this too, currently studying BSL Level 1.  I have found an app called Sign BSL - it's like a dictionary of videos.  You type the word you need the sign for and a couple of videos appear giving you the answers.  I imagine it'll be great for conversing with your student.   You could also try looking at the Signature website.  Give them a ring and they will tell you where you can go to learn in your area. Hope this helps, Andrea
    • I need to teach people who wants to learn BSL, but i can't find videos of bsl to international on youtube so i was wondering if you can teach them?
    • I'm currently doing BSL level 2 as my daughter is deaf. For the first time this week we had a lecture on the grammatical and syntax difference between BSL and English and SSE. As many of you will no doubt know, the word order is very different. And confusing. So I now have a suspicion why my daughter at 11 has an English reading age of 5. Why would you teach two contradictory methods at the same time? It just defies logic. So my daughter is being taught English, SSE and BSL. I have now asked a professor of sign linguistics, the NDCS, the local autjhority and various support groups. I have received nothing so fa rthat explains this. Anyone here got any ideas?     
  • Fingerspelling Scoreboard

(top 10 - past 24hrs)

• Fingerspelling Animation Maker