New to BSL

Leonie

Hi,

I'm Leonie and I started learning BSL about a month ago via the internet without a specific course. I struggle with grammar and 'reading' fingerspelling sometimes and I think I might need a little help and practice.

I don't have contact with anyone who is deaf or hard of hearing, but I like the language. I'm on the autistic spectrum, so sometimes it feels easier to express myself in signs/with the help of signs.

Nice to meet you all! 🙂

Hi!

I'm the same, very new to BSL and haven't got anybody to practice "speaking" with. I'm learning for work because we work with lots of volunteers who have varying levels of ability and I want to be able to include and talk to absolutely everybody! 

If you ever want to practice basic stuff via video let me know - I'm a complete beginner so it won't be much of a conversation but something is better than nothing, right!? :)

Francesca

hi all 

i am SUSI and i am  learning BSL as i am hard of hearing and it will help me with me job i am for west Yorkshire. I am an instructor and work with different students every day that includes hearing to none hearing so i can include every one. i don't have anyone to practice with and i would love some help so i can improve.

Edited by Susi Porthouse