DanishMichelle

Danish, 23 years and learner

Hey everyone!
My name is Michelle and I am here to get to know some BSL users! I would love to get to know someone around my own age (23) to practice with, or to teach me.
I have been learning on my own for some time now and I am very much still a beginner, but I am evolving, and I love the language and the culture.

I am from Denmark and I am not just looking to practice, I am looking to make friends in the deaf community. Tell me about everything! The good, the bad..the fun!. I myself have not formally been to any BSL classes, but I joined in on some beginner lessons in Oxford last year, and I had a somewhat understandable conversation on BSL with the teacher.

So please message me if you think it could be fun to learn me a thing or two about your life - or your own learning experience (or If you, you know, love cats, Harry Potter, Backpacking and Netflix...really get a hold of me! haha)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Latest Posts

• Hi got a two part-er for anyone that can help. I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this question, I'm just after some clarification..  First part: If someone were to come up to me and sign "what is your name." Am I correct in thinking that the signs they would use would be (name your what?)  ... So my response would be.... My name is (name) so I'd sign (name me what? (name)) I'm sure I'm correct so far..  What I'm asking is; could my response just be the sign for "
    • My first year of secondary school I was in a group that was learning BSL. unfortunately at a kid I was easily distracted by shiny objects and flaked out. I amazed myself by being able to retain the aphaphet all this Time, so I always wanted to get into it and learn properly.  And to be frank to think more people should learn BSL anyway. 
    • Slautations,  As a lot of us have right now is nothing but an abundance of free time, I figure I'd use my time wisely and learn a new skill. I have always wanted to learn sign language as I already knew the alphabet from a kid. Thought I'd expand on somthing I already had started. 
    • If I want to sign these sentences, will I be signing them in a grammatically correct way? I'm going to tell you about a cheap sign lanuage course that you can do online. (cheap-sign language-online-course-me-tell-you) I am a Teacher but I have Asthma so I have a lot of spare time. (Job-me-what-Teacher-I-have-spare time) Thanks for your help!
    • hiya ive started to learn sign language as, being 18, i have a lot of free time since my a levels have been cancelled. i wear hearing aids myself and have always wanted to learn so i can interact with others who are hard of hearing, so i thought now was a good time.
    • Having spent 35 years in NHS dentistry and engaging with the public I decide on retirement last year to reconnect with an interest in BSL started whilst at school . I also met my fabulous nurse whilst on a signing course for dentistry .
    • Hi, i'm Ella (ETC are my initials!) and I just started learning BSL. I've always been meaning to properly learn it, both because some of my family members are HoH and because I think it is a beautiful language! I'm currently at university studying Fine Art. I'm very new to sign language, i've got the fingerspelling BSL alphabet (dominant right hand) memorised but that's it so far, hopefully I can practice and pick it up quite fast with the course though! 
  • Fingerspelling Scoreboard

(top 10 - past 24hrs)

• Fingerspelling Animation Maker