Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Latest Posts

• Hi  I would like to teach staff in the NHS the 12 days of Christmas in sign language. Does anyone have a link to website or know anywhere when I can get the song on paper so they can see photos of the signs as well as see me sign it? Thanks Nix
    • Hi  I would like to teach staff in the NHS the 12 days of Christmas in sign language. Does anyone have a link to website or know anywhere when I can get the song on paper so they can see photos of the signs as well as see me sign it? Thanks Nix  
    • I have always enjoyed languages and I always thought that BSL looked like so much fun, I am really enjoying the online course that I am taking and I think that it will be very helpful in my future
    • BSL is something I've tried to learn a few times in my life, but never found the correct way to learn or keep it up. But there was a kid at a school was volunteering at that was deaf and it struck me how happy she was when my friend told her she was doing well at a task, and how little I could help her do the tasks we had planned for the session. I want to be able to communicate better with people. 
    • I decided to start learning BSL to learn a skill and to be able to communicate with more people more easier. I have worked in hospitality for coming up 6 years, and customer service being 8 years, and I would love to be able to use BSL to communicate with someone who uses it. I feel as not many people know the language (I certainly don't know anyone that knows BSL), I can imagine it would make a difference to someone's day and feel understood without having to use the means of pen and paper
    • Hi Jess! I have just joined this forum; your post was at the top. I have been doing a BSL course for a few weeks now, I've recently passed the assessment on jobs, greetings & places. I found that writing down the word then something I relate to that hand action helps me to learn and remember it. Then I'll wean myself off of it. Enjoying it too so far and totally with you wishing I had started earlier too!
    • I have always found it interesting and wanted to be able to communicate using it. The only thing I have been able to say to customers at work is 'thank you', but I want to be able to say more to be able to communicate with them and make them feel comfortable. It is also a valuable skill, which would be very useful throughout my life.
  • Fingerspelling Scoreboard

(top 10 - past 24hrs)

• Fingerspelling Animation Maker