BSL Beginner HELLO

geordiebecca96

Hello everyone, I'm Rebecca also known as Becca from Newcastle. I'm new to the BSL world, I was told last June that I needed to have hearing aids in both ears due to slipping through the cracks as a child and no one picked up that I'm partially deaf. Now, according to audiologists they don't know how long or how short I will have the rest of my hearing due to not being on any records so it would be good to make sure that I start learning now in case I ever do lose the rest of my hearing. 

I grew up with a uncle who is profoundly deaf since he was 3 years old from an illness. So I was taught little bits and bobs of BSL growing up. 

Hope you are all well and we can journey together 

Much love, Becca xo

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Latest Posts

• Hi, I’m Artio. I learned finger spelling when I was very little. I love languages - I enjoy learning foreign languages, computer coding, and I’ve been wanting to learn BSL for a long time but struggled to find and pay for resources. I work full time as a data analyst. I study part time towards a Natural Sciences degree with an emphasis on Biology and Chemistry. I’m autistic and have ADHD.  I’d love to be able to talk without using sound. Speaking out loud feels like a lot m
    • Hello folks,  Just joined this community here. I am a new Level 1 BSL learner.  Wanting to expose myself to as much new info and people as possible to help the learning process. Bye for now    
    • Hi, I'm Emma, currently learning BSL as some of my patients are deaf and would like to be able to at least communicate a little with them 
    • Wanted to BSL as I am deaf and a hearing aid user myself. pretty much all my family members are deaf wear hearing aids. Genetics ayeeee. i just pick it up so easily as i am a visual learner so it's perfect as I don't do well with spoken language.
    • Hi  if I posted my BSL practice topic conversation would anyone be able to give me some feedback please? …..
    • Hello I did deaf studies about 10 years ago and needed to recap it to use with a pupil at our school.
    • Hi,  I did BSL Level 1 11 years ago. I have always wanted to do BSL level 2 but it is very expensive. I love to arrange a video chat sometime to practice. 
    • hi all,  New to this forum deaf adult with speech (high tone loss). learning BSL started yestertday so looking to make new friends on here if possible?  
  • Fingerspelling Scoreboard

(top 10 - past 24hrs)

• Fingerspelling Animation Maker