Sophie max

Little Introduction to myself!!

hello, my name is Sophie and I am a children’s entertainer and singer. I have worked at holiday parks for three years now and realised that learning sign language could really help with my job. This was after a family came to one of our activities and all 6 used sign language to communicate to each other and us entertainers, only problem being that none of the team knew any sign language. So I have took it upon myself to learn sign language to be able to make sure every child is having the best time on holiday whether they are Deaf or not, every kid should all be able to join in the fun .

Hi, my name is Bari. I work in Retail-admin sector. I am a marathoner, a proud father of two beautiful autistic children. I also run a small online sports clothing line called www.firefitness.clothing. My son is a non-verbal autistic and I am learning BSL sign language, so that I can communicate with him more in the near future even though he has good hearing and listen everything we ask him to do. 

I have completed Assessment 3 with the BSL and really enjoying it, and looking forward to complete the course quickly and get the certificate and planning to do more in this field.

Regards,

Bari  

Hi Sophie, I'm new too.

I'm a TA in a secondary school and whilst we have no current students who sign I figured that learning to sign would be a good use of my time. I'm practising with my small children so hopefully we will all go back to school with a new skill.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Latest Posts

• Hi, I'm Hayley. I am a student midwife. I decided to learn sign language so I can communicate with women and their families that use sign. Communication is a key part of my role and I felt being able to communicate through sign would benefit my practice and hopefully the experience of women and families i meet in the future. 😊
    • Hi Jeanie,  I started this course for the exact same reason, in a second year placement there was a boy in the class who was profoundly deaf and so communicating with him was a major barrier, he was my motivation to do this course. How long have you been teaching for? I would be really interested to hear how teaching sign to your children goes. what year group do you teach? I'm an NQT without a post yet. I really want to intro sign to phonics lessons when children are learning their sounds.
    • My partners almost 3 years old grandson has just been diagnosed as severely disabled, I don't know the ins and outs yet but basically he will never speak beyond basic sounds. His hearing at present seems to be unaffected. I introduced the family to baby sign last year when I met my partner and he'd told me about some of his grandsons issues, he's picked up a few signs. My question is where do we go from here? Is there a course to learn Makaton or should we go straight into BSL? Th
    • Hello! I'm also a London librarian, so nice to 'meet' you! I signed up to this course, as I did BSL (Grade 1) years ago, and wanted to brush up my skills.
    • Hello! I'm just wondering how to describe the decades in which people were born? If I was born in the 1980s or 80s, how would I sign that? Also, when describing when things happened, how would you sign the year? For anything really old, like the 1800s, how would you sign that time period? I've been practicing my numbers and currency, but haven't come across how to sign decades and periods. Thanks, Gabi
    • I think that is a wonderful reason for doing this course.  
    • I have just started the online course and had been meaning to do it for a while.  I wanted to learn as I am a teacher and it is such a useful skill to have to be able to communicate more widely.  I think I will be teaching my class to sign soon! Jean
    • Hi Rubes123 I think thats great.. good luck at uni.   
  • Fingerspelling Scoreboard

(top 10 - past 24hrs)

• Fingerspelling Animation Maker