Hey!

Natasha Evans

Hey everyone, my name is Tash and I work as a Retail manager.

The reason I would like to learn sign language is to pass onto people within my region so that when selling to customers who are deaf or hard of hearing they can communicate more comfortably and put the customer at ease. I'm also really enjoying learning so I suppose it's partly for self-development and enjoyment :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Latest Posts

• Hi everyone! I think it would useful in my workplace. I work in a hospital, and I've heard about how there can be trouble communicating with patients who are Deaf, so I thought it would be a good thing to learn, in case the need ever arose!
    • Hello. I am trying to learn BSL as I am a riding coach with a riding for the disabled group. I have a hearing impaired rider who I coach who uses BSL. I have learned some signs, finger spelling (very slow) and numbers, and we can communicate a bit but I would like to know more so I can explain things better. We also have several younger riders who use Makaton. 
    • I started to learn BSL during the pandemic but did not get very far as I struggled to find the motivation. Since then I worked in retail where I met customers who were hard of hearing and was able to remember the alphabet in BSL, and found it so helpful and a lovely experience when those individuals were able to communicate with me rather than through a friend who was not hard of hearing. I now want to continue my knowledge and skills in BSL to make myself more available to other people and thei
    • I am 22 and am currently in my final year in University studying Law and looking for graduate level jobs for once I complete me degree.
    • Hello! My name is Elysia and I am really looking forward to learning BSL!  
    • For a variety of reasons! I am autistic, and spend a significant part of my time unable to communicate verbally. However, since no one I know had any knowledge of BSL, and I didn't feel able to ask them to learn just for me, I didn't really see it as an option. However, I met a friend who is in a similar situation to me, who chose to learn anyway, and taught their parents rudimentary BSL themselves. This made me decide to try to do so as well, if only to communicate with them better as well. I f
    • British sign language has been something I’ve always wanted to learn. Although I’m not deaf, I struggle to hear and rely a lot on lip reading. I also work in a school with children with special educational needs and feel like BSL could come in very useful for children who communicate in the same way as others. I’ve always thought that BSL should be part of the English curriculum in schools.
    • I have always wanted to learn sign language and felt that now was the time to do it. I work in a school with children with special educational needs and feel like BSL would be very useful.
  • Fingerspelling Scoreboard

(top 10 - past 24hrs)

• Fingerspelling Animation Maker