Hi, my name is Tonisha and I am a second year student nurse. I have been doing the British signlanguage course so that I am able to communicate with my patients and hopefully learn a new skill that may come in helpful with my job when I qualify.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Posts

• Hi everyone, I've been doing this course for a couple of weeks now and I'm really enjoying it. I've been wanting to learn sign language for a while and starting  DofE felt like the perfect opportunity. I think it's a great skill to have in life and I'm really excited to learn more. 
    • It is a skill I always wanted to have, even if it was in a minimal amount. But since the start of the pandemic, I've been considering how wearing masks must have massively affected the deaf community. So, I decided to take this course to learn some BSL, even if it is just the basics, as it could be useful at any point even after the pandemic is eventually over.
    • hi everyone, I've just finished my third BSL lesson. I'm excited to know even a little bit of sign language, you never know when it might come in handy, especially during the pandemic.
    • Just saying hello, part way through my "introduction to sign language course"
    • Hi Gerbils I would sign exactly as you have said and answered as you have said. Remember September is signed s s Happy signing sue
    • Difficult to say. Really up to you. I think it was only around £19 so not a lot of money. The assessment was actually harder because it didn't ask "what sign is this" because no videos. It was asking what hand shape which again not very clear as the pictures and arrows not good. I would probably say go straight to level 3 if you can. I haven't relooked at it so you need to check that first. Otherwise level two I have no other advice, sorry Sue
    • Hi I have wanted to do this for a long time.  During lockdown I joined up to keep me occupied and learn something new.
  • Fingerspelling Scoreboard

(top 10 - past 24hrs)

• Fingerspelling Animation Maker