You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Latest Posts

• Hi, my name is Sarah and I'm am doing BSL to be able to be better at communicating to the children and young adults that i work with 
    • Hi all My name is Nadia (known as Badja). I am learning BSL to help me progress to be a SEN assistant in school and help children with learning difficulties to swim.  Hope you are all keeping safe and well  
    • Hello everyone. I am so happy I found this page as I am relatively new to signing and I could use a group like this with all you lovely people. I work as a SENDCo at a primary school. I was wondering if anybody here has come across a helpful scheme/program that I could use/adapt for our school. I want to make sure that children are taught the right level of BSL and the right topics but there is so little guidance out there. Thank you in advance!
    • Good morning, afternoon, evening! My name is Sirius, well technically it is my nickname but I don't go by my birth name. I am 25 years old, I used to work on psychiatric wards both private and NHS run but I quit my job as a support worker before the recent pandemic hit the UK.  I have always had a love for BSL, I have learned little bits a pieces here and there over the years but never anything substantial enough to communicate properly. I have decided to fully educate myself now because
    • Hello. Was just interested what sign language do you use if not BSL to communicate with your brother. Is there another sign language used in the UK?
    • Hi just started learning BSL. I'm a student paramedic so I figure it will be useful. Also looking forward to using it with my downs friend (who prefers signing to talking). So far I can spell, count, and make basic sentences and questions to do with locations, colours, and jobs. It's amazing, Ive only been learning a few days and I feel I can already have a (very) basic conversation.
    • My name is Beth, i am 24 and a qualified Occupational Therapist working in the NHS for 2 years. Working for the NHS during the lockdown period i continued to work, more shifts, later shifts and I had to adapt massively to the changes in service to meet the needs of our patients during lockdown and coronavirus. I chose to begin BSL as something to distract myself when home, my younger brother has Autism and we communicate through sign, albeit not british sign language, i learnt basic signs t
    • Thats a good question! I first learnt the alphabet when I was 14 at a local school trip away. Genuinely fascinated by the language, I find myself a fair few years later married to a partner who has a deaf brother. Our conversation is great, but not to a level where I would love to have a more indepth conversation with him  Hence why I am learning  
  • Fingerspelling Scoreboard

(top 10 - past 24hrs)

• Fingerspelling Animation Maker