Hi im caitlin, ive recently started learning BSL. I work as a swimming teacher and i want to be able to communicate with all my students that i have now and in the future to help me ensure their safety and that they enjoy there lessons. i think BSL is such an important language to learn in order to create a more inclusive world and open up lines of communication. im enjoying learning so much  

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Posts

• Hi I'm Lucy and just started learning BSL. I graduated university last year and live in Dorset. Always wanted to learn BSL because I have an interest in disability advocacy and digital accessibility. Having leanring difficulties myself means I am aware of the some of the barriers people may face and I just wanted to expand my knowledge.
    • We're all the same Rachel which is why this is a good place. I tried getting someone to learn with me so we could practice but no interest. And Lisa, I'm the same. I want to be able to talk to everyone I can. Both videos really good. At least we can do it safely here and critique without insults  
    • Hi everyone! I have been learning BSL from the BSL online course, its great to see so many people have taken up the course too! I am interested in sign language as I am a primary school teacher. I did a placement in a school with an additional deaf unit. This made me realise how important it is to be able to communicate with everyone and to include everyone. I have been enjoying the course so far!   Lisa  
    • I forgot about this post. I read somewhere that british-sign.co.uk uses a Guernsey dialect. I haven't found any concrete proof of that, but it does appear the creators are based in Guernsey.
    • Hi I am learning BSL to engage more with my son. 
    • Hi, I have just started and wanted to do something with my son so we are both doing this and practice with each other which is nice. I would love to help people one day with communication. Please excuse me as I am very slow as still thinking about signs.   
    • I've only just started this week so it's fresh in my mind. Might start forgetting some as I do more lol. But watching a programme I'll try do signs for things I've done or pick random words to fingerspell. At work I keep showing other's how to do some as well as family. They're already sick of me 😂
    • That was great signing! It's ok, I forgot how you say "nice to meet you" until you just signed it! It's a great course with so many signs, think I may have to do it again, once I've finished it to jog my memory! 
  • Fingerspelling Scoreboard

(top 10 - past 24hrs)

• Fingerspelling Animation Maker