Hello. My name is Kelly, I am 38 years old. Currently in lockdown and on maternity leave with 3 children at home (2 under 2) Wanted to learn something new to keep my mind active. I am an orthodontic therapist and I have come across a few parents of patients that are deaf. I think in any job this would be a helpful skill to learn.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Posts

• I have just come across this online practice club https://remark.uk.com/sign-club/ has anyone used it? My BSL is still very basic and I wanted to know what the standard was like before I try it.
    • I am still slow with fingerspelling but generally get the vowels right when signing myself. I find reading someone else's fingerspelling quickly enough much more difficult - I've just started to concentrate on the position of their thumb to get the vowels right.
    • Hi, my name's Ellie and I'm learning BSL because I've always wanted to! I'm very interested in languages (I have studied french for 4 years) and think BSL would be a very valuable language to learn next.
    • Hi everyone! I’m a new learner of BSL and wanted to join the forum. I am a primary school teacher looking for CPD opportunities. I have a child in my class who is Deaf and this child has really inspired me to find out more about the Deaf community and learn BSL for myself. Whilst working with this child and visitors to my classroom, such as an advisory teacher for the Deaf and Speech and Language Therapists, I’ve picked up a few useful signs but I wanted to learn BSL properly. I’m finding it really interesting and enjoyable so far and I cannot wait to complete my BSL online course- it will feel like a real personal and professional achievement for me!☺️
    • noun adjective verb adverb The new reactor is very powerful. This shop is much more cleaner. He ran quickly. She spoke softly. He plays the flute calmly      
    • Iris, you have posted some interesting questions, and a couple of them could be expanded considerably. I would like to respond at length but not just now. I'll try and do so in a week or so. Are we permitted to communicate outside the forum? [email protected]  
  • Fingerspelling Scoreboard

(top 10 - past 24hrs)

• Fingerspelling Animation Maker