Hi I'm Izzie, 

I decided to start learning BSL a few weeks ago. I am currently on a teacher training course (secondary phase) and thought that BSL would be a useful skill that have. At the start of the training course we completed a lot of work on SEN/D and this is what specifically sparked my interest! Even if I do not end up using this in my work I believe it will be very useful and may come in handy when I least expect it to! 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Posts

• hi  I am a gymnastics coach and im learning bsl to encourage deaf or hard of hearing into the gym.
    • Hi Issy, I'm learning bsl and almost at the end of my level one course.  I do hopefully want to work my way up to level six if I can, however, really need someone to practice with. Was wondering what level are you on and how are you studying? I'm studying with bsl courses, they are really great so far. Kind regards, Maranatha
    • Hello everyone, I am new here, just started the BSL course. I have been looking to learn BSL for years ... with the lockdown, finally I decided. And I learning a lot and enjoying this online course.
    • Hi  I decided to set myself the challenge of learning sign language as I believe it is a valuable skill to have 
    • Hi Everyone, I have been learning sign on and off for a while now but have really gotten into learning again. My dad is half deaf and losing his hearing in his other ear now, however he doesn't sign! I think it just inspired me to research into BSL and organisation etc. I am also studying nursing so at some point in the future I will most likely use my sign knowledge in one way or another. Hope everyone is keeping well during these difficult times and I look forward to learning from these forums too!!(:
    • The main reason I’m learning is BSL is that I want to be a doctor. As a doctor I will have to communicate with lots of different people and I though it would be really valuable  for me to be able to communicate with a whole community of deaf and Hoh people. I also think being able to communicate in BSL will help me build trust with patients as I will be able to communicate in a way that suits them. Another big reason I want to learn BSL it’s that it’s really fun and I’ve always been fascinated by sign language. 
    • Everyone welcome to practice signing with Gary and I on Saturday 20th March, 11 o'clock. You can see Gary's video in the practice zone
    • It would be also be great to practice with other people here as well. I am looking forward to meeting others here.
  • Fingerspelling Scoreboard

(top 10 - past 24hrs)

• Fingerspelling Animation Maker