Newbie Alert

Joanna J

Hey Everybody 

I am new to learning BSL, just finished Assessment 3 and so far I am really enjoying it. People I know have always commented on how much I gesticulate with my hands and that I should try learning Sign language. I have partial hearing loss in one of my ears, that has happened over a period of time and during this pandemic with everyone wearing masks it occurred to me just how much I rely on lip reading. This motivated me to learn sign language and so here I am. Its nice to have a forum on here to converse with others as I don't know anyone else who has learnt BSL.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Latest Posts

• hi my name is Sue. I've been inspired by Lisa on strictly come dancing to sign up and learn BSL. I'm a childminder and school kitchen assistant. This will be so helpful in both my part-time jobs. I was really chuffed to score 8 on my first fingerspelling game. Well may it continue. 
    • Interested to check this out not tried song signing. Strangely though, I find I'm picking it up really quickly, I'm guessing because it's so visual. Good luck with the course 
    • Hello my name is Neil and I am learning BSL as I am recently losing my hearing. I have decided due to the decline of my hearing that it is worth preparing for it going completely also teaching my children as I progress. I have just started my level 1 today. 
    • My name is Sabina and I have been learning to sign for just under a year. I've always been interested in sign language as I've always thought its such a unique, beautiful way to communicate between people. I would currently say that my signing level is probably around mid level 1. Its been a bit hard to improve my signing skills as I can't drive and my closest learning centre can't be accessed without a car. However, I would love to improve my signing skills and would love to practice with peopl
    • Hi, my name's Kelly, and I completed BSL Level 1 before Christmas and am now partway through Level 2. I first learnt some sign language about 20 years ago (BSL Level 1 at evening classes at college), but then life got in the way so it's taken me a while to start again! I love how expressive BSL is, and am hoping to use it for a job in the future. The problem I have at the minute is that I'm learning online, because my nearest centre to learn in person is 40 miles away, so I have an online t
    • Hi my name is Chelsea and I am a teaching assistant at a secondary school. I have started the introduction to BSL with some students at the end of the day due to our interest in learning to BSL
    • I have just signed up to an online course to learn BSL, I was inspired by Rose on Strictly Come Dancing and feel it would be great to communicate with people who have difficulty in hearing.
    • HI, my name is Nikki and I have started to learn sign language for both to help in my Job but also personal life. I have grandchildren that have learning difficulties and are starting to learn sign language. For my Profession I work in the NHS as a Radiology Department assistant in cross sectional imaging, which is CT and MRI.  I have always wanted to learn but now it will come in handy especially at the moment with having to wear masks all the time while in the hospital, I am hoping t
  • Fingerspelling Scoreboard

(top 10 - past 24hrs)

• Fingerspelling Animation Maker