Hi Everyone

Ailz

Hi All

I'm Ailz (short for Aileen). I've wanted to learn BSL for a long time, but now I can afford it.  I'm 68 and live with my husband (Tony) and cat (Marlowe) in Eastbourne.  I'm also awaiting a place on a foundation course to be an End of Life Doula so I thought that learning BSL now could also help with that.

Look forward to 'meeting' you all soon

Ailz 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Latest Posts

• TWO SPACES left on our next accredited Level 3 daytime course starting on Tuesday, 27th September 2022, in Central London with Bob Rose!   Grab your places now to avoid disappointment.   For more info on the course, visit our website: www.remark.uk.com/bsl-level-3/
    • What is epilepsy/epileptic in BSL?
    • Hello I'm Rachel and I have just begun learning BSL. My interest to learn BSL is because of my uncle, who was born deaf. I can do some very basic signs to communicate with him but want to be able to communicate more with him.
    • Hi,  Im learning BSL as i have Meniere`s Disease since 2010 and its getting progessively worse as i get older.  My hearing is the the main factor for learning BSL.
    • I started to learn BSL during the first lockdown. I'm a student pharmacist and saw that I could get the course at a discount. I did it pretty solidly for around a month, but then just kind of stopped learning.  I stopped for a little under 2 years, then picked it up again around a week ago. I started again because maybe around a month ago, I had a couple of customers come into a pharmacy I was working at who were deaf, and to communicate with them I was writing on a piece of paper and
    • My name is Lisa and I’ve wanted to learn BSL for quite a while and now through work I have the opportunity to do so. I believe this will be beneficial to my work. 
    • Hi, I decided to learn a new language when I retired and reckon that BSL will be the most useful one to learn. 
    • Hey all! After years of issues with my balance, sickness, ear 'fullness', tinnitus and increasing hearing loss, I finally have a diagnosis of Meniere's Disease. After a few days of shock/crying/coming to terms with it (it is quite advanced, progressive and incurable), I have returned to my usual default position of positivity. I studied BSL stage 1 about 25 years ago and have been saying forEVER that I really wanted to refresh this and further my knowledge, and it's like nature gave me a helping
  • Fingerspelling Scoreboard

(top 10 - past 24hrs)

• Fingerspelling Animation Maker