Deafcaleb

How to sign check

Don't apologize, that's what this forum is for... Bear with me ok?

See if something's completed?

Or

Check everything's ok? 

Or

Check something in particular? 

Don't want to tell you the wrong thing... 

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Latest Posts

• Hi I'm Lynne! I am doing an EPQ (Extended Project Qualification) and I have chosen BSL as my topic to write an essay on. I was wondering if anyone could answer these questions I have in order to gain some research and opinions for my work: Do you think it is unfair that British Sign Language is not taught is schools as part of the national curriculum or as a GCSE? Is it discrimination that Deaf people are not able to communicate with others as the general public have not been taught basic phrases in BSL? What disadvantages and challenges are there for Deaf people on a daily basis? Do you think that BSL should be taught in schools or through work? If so, how should it be taught (e.g. as a core subject or as a GCSE etc.)?
    • hi all  i am SUSI and i am  learning BSL as i am hard of hearing and it will help me with me job i am for west Yorkshire. I am an instructor and work with different students every day that includes hearing to none hearing so i can include every one. i don't have anyone to practice with and i would love some help so i can improve.  
    • Hi! I am learning BSL as part of my linguistics postgrad. I am not taking any exams but would love someone to practice with casually. Anyone who is anywhere above level 1 please message me! Anna
    • Hi! I'm the same, very new to BSL and haven't got anybody to practice "speaking" with. I'm learning for work because we work with lots of volunteers who have varying levels of ability and I want to be able to include and talk to absolutely everybody!  If you ever want to practice basic stuff via video let me know - I'm a complete beginner so it won't be much of a conversation but something is better than nothing, right!? Francesca  
    • Hi, I'm Leonie and I started learning BSL about a month ago via the internet without a specific course. I struggle with grammar and 'reading' fingerspelling sometimes and I think I might need a little help and practice. I don't have contact with anyone who is deaf or hard of hearing, but I like the language. I'm on the autistic spectrum, so sometimes it feels easier to express myself in signs/with the help of signs. Nice to meet you all! 🙂  
    • Hi! I'm in the same boat, very new to BSL and need some practice. I'm learning for work as we work with a lot of volunteers with different abilities and needs, and want to be able to include anybody who is hard of hearing or deaf. I'm doing an online course which covers the basics, as the Level 1 courses were too expensive for me at the moment. I can just about say "Hello, how are you?" and "my name is Francesca" but that's about it! Really enjoying learning BSL but know that I need to practice for anything else to stick in my brain!
    • Hi all.  Apologies in advance as new to this site. I’m a hearing 47 year old who works for Action On Hearing Loss. I’m extremely passionate about what I do and hope I make a difference to the lives of those who are deaf or deafened. My 10 year old daughter is currently studying WW1 and WW2 at school and one thing that is close to home to her because of the charity I work for is deafness caused by War. Her school are currently learning the Lords Prayer in BSL but she has a few projects to do. One that she would really like to do is to very briefly explain how war can destroy hearing but she’d really like to incorporate BSL into it. To give a very simple demonstration in school. Any help would be gratefully received . Thanks for taking your time to read this. 
    • Hello I’m starting from a low level I have the alphabet down as off the moment and over the course of this month would like to learn family and greetings section of my course. If you would be interested in learning at a set time gradually over a few weeks let me know with a reply and availability. My hours are late to early morning on work days and depending how early I’m notified any hours on my days off. I can only project my weeks availability one week at a time from Sunday onwards due to work and my shifts are random. I could use a real life person to practise what I learn back and forth with. Best of luck , regards Tony 
  • Fingerspelling Scoreboard

(top 10 - past 24hrs)

• Fingerspelling Animation Maker